What if Skyrim had Fallout1/2/NV-ish endings? (Aka: "Let's make some endings!")

Okay, let's try this here, since the beth boards don't really seem to be biting on this topic.

I made a topic about this several months (or perhaps years?) back on the beth boards. However, the last time it sort of got derailed, so this time I hope to be a little more clear about what i'm looking for. Of course, I tried it there, but they don't seem to be really interested in responding, so I'm hoping LL has a bit more... creative juice than they do.

This is to be a "what if" scenario... What if instead of just the normal ending to the main quest, you also got an ending slideshow predicting the effects of what you did in the game (or didn't do in some cases) like you got in Fallouts 1, 2, or NV? (But NOT perma-end of the game. I did not make that clear last time i made this in the beth boards a year or two ago, and all the replies more or less consisted of "Lol that would suck if the game ended after the main quest.")

For obvious reasons, there is spoilers so that is the reason this is here and not in the General thread.

Here is the premise:

After Tsun sends you back, you don't end up back on the throat of the world. At least, not yet. Instead, you enter a white room where Akatosh then speaks to you directly, congratulating you on your victory. As a reward for disciplining his son, he will give you something that many mortals have spent countless eons trying to acquire, but few have ever succeeded at: a glimpse into the future to show you what effects your actions you've taken in skyrim will likely have.

(you then get the slideshow reel here)

After that, the slideshow ends, Akatosh tells you that although what he's shown you is now the most likely future, he reminds you that the future is not written in stone. And asks the question: Do you accept the future revealed to you, or do you endeavor to change it? But before you can answer you find your surroundings fade, as you are once again teleported somewhere else. That somewhere being the throat of the world.

(The normal ending with the dragons then resumes here.)

Here's what I'm looking for: I'm looking for what you think those "glimpses" would be and what would cause them? What would they say, what picture would they show, and what actions would you as the dragonborn have had to take (or refrain from taking) in order to get that particular slide?

Remember: I'm NOT Looking for a discussion on whether or not Fallout-esk endings would/would not have been a good idea, or whether or not this would have been a good premise to present it (It's just one possible premise to accomplish this that I made up in about 10 seconds for flavor. There are plenty of other ways I'm sure.) This is not designed to be a serious discussion, it's meant to be one of those "fun creative" threads. 

Also, just because someone already gave their version of something, don't be afraid to include yours (Example: if someone already made a stormcloak ending/imperial ending one, don't think that excludes you from making yours.)

Basically eventually I hope to collect the best and compile them in a list. 

I'll start us off with some examples:

"Although they had survived the near extinction of their guild since the end of the Third Era, your through eradication of the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary was the final straw. As prayers for death go unanswered, its memory will soon fade, becoming nothing more than fodder for historians to debate over for many centuries." (Picture shows the inside of the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary, with dead brotherhood members all over). Requirement: Destroy the Dark Brotherhood completed.

-"Although their leader had died trying to recruit you, the Dark Brotherhood itself carried on, albeit in an even worse state than before. Even the arrival the night mother did little to help, as without a listener, the Dark Brotherhood would remain leaderless for more than a century, until at long last a new Listener would finally be chosen..."  Sanctuary (Picture shows the door to the Falkreath Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary) REQUIREMENT: Kill Astrid, but do not complete "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood"

Not the best examples, and I did have better ones last thread, but I seem to have lost them. Oh well.

Well, happy ending-making!

It took me until about 15th lv in F3 before I realised that the radio was echoing a statement of some sort whenever I leveled. "The Last Best Hope" statement by the DJ was pretty cool; I enjoyed that. 

I think that your ending style would require a 3rd person narrator of sorts... not really the style of the game, but I agree with the sentiment. It'd be cool to have a "legacy montage" after completing each major/primary story line . . . except for the mage college. the mage mentor said on SEVERAL ocassions "I have no idea" which was really fucking annoying and just plain bad writing. However that doesn't shit on your idea. It just makes the downline idea less feasible because the retail production was shit to begin with.

so other than that storyline, I think it's a decent idea and it could have been done to great effect (a :30 to 1:00 win video) without disrupting the immersion of the game in general.

I will assume the "Season Unending" quest was completed fairly, with neither side gaining a significant advantage over the other.

Thieves Guild - Ignore Brynjolf

Karliah's plan works.  Maven stops protecting the Guild; everyone in the Ratway eventually is either jailed, killed, or flees.

Vex and Brynjolf remain at large.  Niruin joins the Summerset Shadows... five minutes before the Stormcloaks massacre the entire group. 

Delvin retires to Raven Rock, bringing Sapphire with him.  It is an ... interesting family reunion.  (OR: Ignoring Glover's protests, Delvin

tries to set up shop; the Redoran Guard hangs the entire Mallory family from the Bulwark as a warning.)

(Something here about Maven and the Black-Briar Meadery; all of her personal wealth and prestige derives from the success of the Meadery.

As Jarl, she could (and likely would) abuse her position to try to crush Honningbrew, but she must still maintain the appearance of legality to

appease the Empire/Legion.  The Rift only has so much money in tax revenue; Karliah (as Honningbrew's financier) has all the stolen wealth

of Skyrim. The Black-Briar clan may be hot shit in Skyrim, but they're cold diarrhea in Cyrodiil; were they to be exiled, they'd just be 'those Nord bumpkins.')

Mercer eventually meets his end at Karliah's hands, and the Key replaced, but the damage to the Guild is already done.

Petty thievery becomes grand larceny; with no Guild to control it, and Nocturnal's influence spreading freely, crime runs rampant in all holds.

The major cities fare better than the smaller ones, but no one is unaffected.  Karliah might eventually rebuild the Guild and reform the Trinity (possibly with

Vex and Brynjolf, depending on how much proof she brings them that Mercer killed Gallus) but that's a much longer, harder road than wrecking the Guild ever was.

(Alternately, Mercer avoids Karliah long enough to transcend even Perfect Human limits, and threatens Nocturnal herself.  But as she is a Daedric

Lord and he is not, Mercer's fate becomes much much messier.)

Thieves Guild - Full Completion + Leadership

Tsun has already revealed your personal fate; to serve your Mistress in the Sepulcher until your debt is repaid, then join the other Nightingales in

Evergloam.  To Sovngarde, however, you will not return.

(If you're a Vampire, you can avoid death indefinitely.  If you replaced Miraak, Hermeus Mora might know a loophole in the Oath, OR he may

only be able to keep you locked up in Apocrypha.  Miraak dropped 20 souls the last time he lost; would Nocturnal even recognize the difference?

How many pissed off dragons does she really want in her realm anyway?  Also, the poetic irony of Akatosh suddenly 'invading' several Daedric realms

after the Last Dragonborn's death is not lost on me.)

The Guild functions as a well-oiled machine for decades, or centuries, or however long until Nocturnal allows the Key to be stolen AGAIN,

starting the whole cycle all over again.  Your tenure, however, is smooth sailing and full speed ahead.  Phat lewtz for anyone under your banner.

Skyrim's Thieves Guild rivals Cyrodiil's Guild under the Grey Fox in terms of wealth and power.  There's always more to be stolen, but

you can rest easy now.  Let the footpads handle the grunt work; you didn't sell your soul for nothing, after all.

Archived