MFG Console +

View File

This is a modder's resource, which does not do anything on it's own. Install it only as a dependency of other mods, or if you are planning to use it in your mod.

MFG Console plus is a monkey-patched version of original MFG Console by kapaer https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44596
Also note that it now requires StorageUtil from Papyrus Utility Scripting functions or Sexlab.

It is the same as original mod with one new feature - expression locking.

In original if mod A does this:

MfgConsoleFunc.SetPhonemeModifier(myActorRef, 0, 1, 50)

And mod B this

MfgConsoleFunc.SetPhonemeModifier(myActorRef, 0, 1, 30)

Actor will end up with value 30, and mod A has no way to know of this change, that expression it set was overwritten.
With plus version, mod A can prevent any other mods from modifying it:

MfgConsoleFunc.LockPhonemeModifier(myActorRef, 0, 1)
MfgConsoleFunc.SetPhonemeModifier(myActorRef, 0, 1, 50)

Then, when mod B tries to overwrite expression, instead of changing expression MFG will emit event MfgExpressionLocked, wich mod A can catch and process

Event OnInit()                                                      
        RegisterForModEvent("MfgExpressionLocked", "OnExLocked")    
EndEvent                                                            

Event OnExLocked(Actor akRef, int mode, int id, int value)          
        Debug.Notification("I should process expression change")    
EndEvent                                                            

Expression can be unlocked back with

MfgConsoleFunc.LockPhonemeModifier(myActorRef, 0, 1) 

If for whatever reason you want to bypass expression locks, you can do it with 5th parameter set to true

MfgConsoleFunc.SetPhonemeModifier(myActorRef, 0, 1, 30, true)

)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/28/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    StorageUtil
  • Special Edition Compatible

Can you give me a very basic explanation of what this does. I'm not a technical person so I can be a total idiot when it comes to this stuff, but it seems important and possibly beneficial since I use MFG console.

6 hours ago, Aki K said:

Can you give me a very basic explanation of what this does. I'm not a technical person so I can be a total idiot when it comes to this stuff, but it seems important and possibly beneficial since I use MFG console.

Well, on its own, it doesn't do anything beyond what the original MFG console does.

What it does do that is new is provide modders using papyrus to manipulate facial expressions the ability to lock those expressions, preventing other mods from overwriting them.

So, unless someone comes along and starts using that new ability, this will have no change on your game and current use of MFG.

13 minutes ago, nb097 said:

Well, on its own, it doesn't do anything beyond what the original MFG console does.

What it does do that is new is provide modders using papyrus to manipulate facial expressions the ability to lock those expressions, preventing other mods from overwriting them.

So, unless someone comes along and starts using that new ability, this will have no change on your game and current use of MFG.

Thank you. That makes a lot more sense to me. Is there a way to choose which mod takes priority?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 3:34 AM, LewdZenn said:

This mod contains a dll, but on the description page it says it's compatible with SE? Considering SE can't use dlls made for LE, is it safe to delete the skse folder that comes with this mod and just use what comes with MFG Fix instead?

My bad, should explicitly mark as uncompatible.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:02 PM, Aki K said:

Thank you. That makes a lot more sense to me. Is there a way to choose which mod takes priority?

It is possible and not so hard, but since there is only one mod using it, no point in implementing.