Keeping current game version / preventing updates on steam

Hi all,

with patch 1.3 approaching, I think many of us will not want to update right away, due to mods.

I'm not 100% sure, guess only time will tell, but I think there is a way to prevent steam from auto updating Rimworld.

Maybe someone has done that with V1.1 before and could confirm.

Right-click the game in your library, click "Properties..." and select "Betas" on the left side of the window that opens.

Looks like you can choose to stay on the latest V1.2 that way! :) (see picture)

It also changes the name of your game to "RimWorld [version-1.2]" in your library, so I have really high hopes that this might work.

-Kitsune

KeepV12.PNG

Also using I think it's Fluffy's Mod manager (I'm pretty sure its fluffys that will mods for you with a click) can automatically push your mods to your internal game mod folder so even if the mod gets updated you'll still have the original working version backed up.  I wish I'd done that recently but like most others, I have a hard time taking my own advice.

SUPPOSEDLY the 1.3 game won't break 1.2 mods, it was part of the reason one of the last updates was made to make modding easier but yeah that's only if you can trust modders to actually maintain their mods correctly to start with.

27 minutes ago, coldheartzero said:

SUPPOSEDLY the 1.3 game won't break 1.2 mods, it was part of the reason one of the last updates was made to make modding easier but yeah that's only if you can trust modders to actually maintain their mods correctly to start with.

For me, many 1.2 mods were broken in 1.3. So yes, better back them up if you want to play with them on 1.2.