Skyrim mod programming.

This topic marks the time I put my foot down in Skyrim modding. If I succeed I will remove my title of lurker.

I am currently studying coding ("professionally") and I have the very basics of java and python understood. I wish to use this expensive knowledge in practice.

This is my first subject, my first victim.

Amputator Framework - Downloads - Skyrim Adult & Sex Mods - LoversLab

I want to modify it (this sse version on post #424 as I am playing on sse) to be "automatic".

(Design document)

Amputator framework has apparels in their mod. "...a couple of prosthetics included..." This includes peg legs and metallic nubs. I want to modify these prosthetics so they will trigger Amputator framework and remove a certain body part when worn and revert the body back to normal when not. back to normal when taken off.

How?

Amputator framework already has a "for modders" guide. that's how I know I needed some coding skills. (can you feel my ignorance yet Mr Crabs?)

Now my main idea is to apply the in game mechanic of enchantment on those nubs so they would amputate the player then worn. (I don't know how to do this) this means I need to find a way to make these items enchanted by default.(that was easy) To do that I would need to figure out how to make a custom enchantment,(kinda) and how somehow create a way to reverse it. (I don't know how to do this)

for that last one, I would need to find a way to create a "default state". A player will probably amputate their character if they had the mod so expecting that I want the nubs to only restore the character's limbs when taken off ONLY IF their "default state" says that the character has a limb. Since amputator framework amputates the player by turning the scale(?) of their body parts to 0, that will be the recorded variable the "default state" stores. It would probably mean making a spell and the player needing to use it to preserve their amputated status (I don't know how to do this)

I hope to one day do this, but I'm lazy.

I'll be researching ways to do this myself but any advice from veteran modders are welcome.

Edited by mcnv

so. Amputator has spells. I made one into a enchantment and put it on the pegleg. it didn't work and the pegleg stopped showing up.

I tried to put a normal enchantment on it and it worked but the pegleg stopped showing up. Another prostehtic was also invisble. probably a issue with creating a copy mod.

this is going to be hard.

Edited by mcnv
added stuff
  • 2 weeks later...