(REQ) Guild Wars 2 Armor

So is there anyone thinking about porting armors from this game?  The quality is near or better then Tera, and if you want skimpy designs, the game has plenty of those too.  So why is no one looking into this treasure trove?

Guild-Wars-2-Dye.jpg

raceforum_humans_800.jpg

595x1000_16184_Guild_Wars_2_Human_female

351_stream.jpg

TwpXBO7.jpg

PVP-armor-title.jpg

home-armors.png

People were ripping armors from MMOs long before EnMasse gave permission for later Tera ports (which included Tera.)

So if anyone is looking to rip from a particular game and wants to find great designs...

If someone can rip these armors from the original game in compatible formats with either blender or 3ds max then I'm sure there'll be people who are willing to work on converting them. 

Does GW2 use unreal engine or something else. Cause if it's the former then I think it'll be simple to rip

If someone can rip these armors from the original game in compatible formats with either blender or 3ds max then I'm sure there'll be people who are willing to work on converting them. 

Does GW2 use unreal engine or something else. Cause if it's the former then I think it'll be simple to rip

Honestly, I don't think anyone has even looked at GW2 as a game to rip from.  Or at the very least I haven't heard any discussion about it in the underworld.  They'll rip from Aion and Blade and Soul, but not GW2 - which is currently one of NCSoft's biggest titles.  Baffles me really...unless Arenanet made their files a complete pain in the ass to get into.

I wanted to ask you directly asianboy, since you have so much experience with UNP and Tera armors.  Glad to see I didn't need to bug you about it. XD

(And I want to see this done for UNP anyway...most game rips are dominated by CBBE.)

I tried using GW2Browser to find and extract the assets, but half of the stuff didn't load properly and I couldn't find any outfits in a list of files worth 25 GB. GW2Browser's based on an early beta GW2, so it may be that the outfits are amongst the files it couldn't read.

If anyone knows whether there's a more up-to-date tool than GW2Browser let me know, and I might make conversions. :)

What game Engine does GW2 use? That can sometimes determine which tools to used.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2#Game_engine

Game engine

Guild Wars 2 uses a heavily modified Guild Wars game engine which includes support for true 3D environments, more detailed environments and models, better lighting and shadows, new animation and effects systems, plus new audio and cinematics engines and a more flexible combat and skill-casting system.

Gaile Gray has indicated the game supports DirectX 10, but does not require it to play. Guild Wars 2 utilises the Havok physics engine to provide ragdoll animation and destructible environments, as well as occlusion culling technology licensed from Umbra Software to optimise 3D object rendering.

There is a superscribed '2' which links to umbrasoftware.com

What game Engine does GW2 use? That can sometimes determine which tools to used.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2#Game_engine

Game engine

Guild Wars 2 uses a heavily modified Guild Wars game engine which includes support for true 3D environments, more detailed environments and models, better lighting and shadows, new animation and effects systems, plus new audio and cinematics engines and a more flexible combat and skill-casting system.

Gaile Gray has indicated the game supports DirectX 10, but does not require it to play. Guild Wars 2 utilises the Havok physics engine to provide ragdoll animation and destructible environments, as well as occlusion culling technology licensed from Umbra Software to optimise 3D object rendering.

There is a superscribed '2' which links to umbrasoftware.com

That's just for the Occlusion Culling technology. The engine is Guild Wars' own.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...