[Help] "Futa Undies Underneath" mod refuses to work?

Hey, folks. Can ya help a girl out? Specifically, helping to get her transfemme Khajiit to have a proper panty bulge? Lemme explain.

So there's this mod I've seen about called Futa Bottoms for Undies Underneath, which is supposed to do what it says on the tin. But integrating the file has been a pain, and nothing's worked so far. See, the original creator made it for use with a now-defunct mod I can't find elsewhere, the aptly-named Undies Underneath. And recently some absolute saint made a dummy file that will let Undies Underneath work, apparently. One of the other files required by Futa Bottoms' creator is HGEC. The ZIP file for Futa Bottoms is just a few .nif files to use, with these totally helpful (?) instructions below.

First thing is, YOU NEED UNDIES UNDERNEATH from TESNEXUS.com to be installed before you install this

Second thing is, These Undies are for the HGEC Lower Body LL

Second thing is, to install this you need to locate your oblivion\data folder
place these files in data\meshes\undies\example\f\
when it asks to overwrite say yes to all

Which I've tried with replacing undiesVS.nif, and doesn't work. They load the normal underwear from HGEC just fine, but without the girldick bulge I desire. I'd also tried replacing femalelowerbody.nif from the HGEC underwear folder with undiesVS, but it still loaded the original mesh again. I am using OBMM, and I may have forgotten to do the Archive Invalidation step? But right now, I'm probably missing something or the files are just broken. The thing used to work, apparently. Maybe HGEC's latest version also prevents these files from being used? I am learning the whole modding thing as I go, so I'm mostly new to all of this.

EDIT: So I tried renaming the .nif files as "lowerfemalebody.nif", to force it into the game. Unfortunately, the panties themselves are blackened and distorted on the pause menu (while still showing a Khajiit dick), and pink to show a glitched texture outside of the menu. I am using HGEC as the readme asks for. Don't know if that helps...?

Edited by RavenousRaziya
Added info for forcing .nif replacement
22 hours ago, RavenousRaziya said:

Unfortunately, the panties themselves are blackened and distorted on the pause menu (while still showing a Khajiit dick), and pink to show a glitched texture outside of the menu. I am using HGEC as the readme asks for. Don't know if that helps...?

you are missing a texture for the panties.

honestly, im not sure the best way to go as a new modder, undies underneath is probably unnecessary and unstable. I'd recommend blockhead on nexus with maybe race mess on here. assuming you want to have your character be unique as a trans woman.

i need to get around to releasing some of my trans content.

oh, have you used nifskope at all?

I've not heard of Blockhead, but I have fussed around with NifSkope to try and get it to work. Yeah, the panty texture might be corrupted or something, considering it gets the genitals right. I'll look into Blockhead, though from a cursory glance it seems to edit models in-engine? And would it be easier to use NifSkope to edit the vanilla models, or would you happen to know a better underwear model for this?

Basically, I'm looking for something that isn't overly-endowed behind underwear. Something cool to look at when swimming, or for any other reason for me to undress my Khajiit.

1 hour ago, RavenousRaziya said:

I've not heard of Blockhead, but I have fussed around with NifSkope to try and get it to work. Yeah, the panty texture might be corrupted or something, considering it gets the genitals right. I'll look into Blockhead, though from a cursory glance it seems to edit models in-engine? And would it be easier to use NifSkope to edit the vanilla models, or would you happen to know a better underwear model for this?

Basically, I'm looking for something that isn't overly-endowed behind underwear. Something cool to look at when swimming, or for any other reason for me to undress my Khajiit.

blockhead allows you to use different meshes for bodies based on certain conditions, like race or per npc.

nifskope can be particularly useful even to low level mod users, with things like changing which texture a mesh uses ore even the ability to mix and match armor, feel free to ask anything that confuses you

panties_trans.nifpantyrose_blackalpha1.ddspantyrose_n.dds

ok , as a first test, try to get the mesh above, to connect to the textures above, both made buy tona, edited by me, the 2 texture files have to be in the same folder to work,

if you can't see textures, try  render (on the top bar) >settings. auto detect paths

changing textures is, click on thing you want to change >click on the box next to its name in the black list> click on the box next to texturing property >right click >source texture> choose

and here is a different shaped pair that uses textures you already have. panties_trans short.nif

same credits, and the penises should be from happy sparkles

just rename it and put it were the underwear you have now is, same name, override if you have to