Problem with downscaling 4k face to 1k

Hello everyone.

Recently I've come across this face texture for Fallout 4, which looks pretty interesting. The problem is it require 4k face as a base to overwrite.

(Pauline face: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/50650 )

I've tried to downscale it to 1k diffuse (BC1) and normal map (BC5) with 512 for specular map (BC5) using intel texture plugin for photoshop.

But it didnt work. The brown face bug is still there. Anyone can help me take a look at the mod to see if I missed something or does it require some extra step?

Or if you can please help me properly downscale it to 1k , it would be much appreciated!

Thank you :)

Try BC3 for face diffuse textures (I think it needs alpha support regardless no alpha). BC5 is for normal/spec so that should be good I think. BC1 is tint mask w/o alpha. BC3 is also for makeup with alpha.

The face I think needs different coding depending on whether it's _d, _n, _s. Switching to a 2K ruby skin setup and trying to weed out rust face myself right now, so tedious.

Edited by Guest