Guide on how to recolor/retexture armor?

Blow

Hey guys, I've been looking to recolor some of the armors I've downloaded, but I'm not very sure about how it is done.

I believe it involves using Paint.NET or GIMP, which I have, but any info about the process would be great.

Thanks.

1.) Open google.com in your browser

2.) Type "skyrim tutorial recolor armor" and press enter

3.) Click on the very first link to come up which is 

an extensive video tutorial on ... well, recoloring armor in skyrim. Surprise!

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish; feed him for a lifetime" - Lao Tzu

"Add a snarky remark to that, and the man might even remember the lesson" - some unknown cynic

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish; feed him for a lifetime" - Lao Tzu

"Add a snarky remark to that, and the man might even remember the lesson" - some unknown cynic

wise words and very true : 

I'd like to add that unlike the tutorial dude you should always generate mipmaps when exporting the modified dds file.

Oh and you'd rather not want to compress a normal map, can lead to pretty ugly results.

Archived