Returning to Skyrim, Mod recommendations?

Topic title is self explanatory but I need to explain myself more so here goes.

I'm coming back to skyrim and I need recommendations for not only adult mods (as many as you can direct me towards) but also none adult games that would further enhance the feel of skyrim and its environment.
I've had experience with a few adult mods and I am looking to really expand into skyrims more adult and also skyrims more 'exotic' areas..

That said my apologies about any spelling or grammar mistakes that will be down to my dyslexia.

Looking forward to the future.

well i'll start for gameplay i suppose, hope you'll like these :

Realistic Needs and Diseases (makes you hungry, thirsty, sleepy, etc)

Amazing Follower Tweak (great immersion) for followers [doing sitting animation, crafting, can also ride horse etc], dunno if UFO does this too)

new spells/magic balances using these:

Apocalypse spell pack (gives lot of spells)

Balanced Magic (just improving balance for mages user)

ASIS (this makes any new spell can be used by NPC, great for immersion imo)

can't help much on visual improvement since my old rig can't handle those high-res texture/heavy resource mod for improvements, but as usual there is ENB for a great boost on visual and details

btw what adult mods have you used? have you also tried those skimpy armor replacer too?

Im not much into the skimpy armor replacers because most of them just end up as bikinis which I think is just unimaginative, But as for other adult stuff that I have used (that I haven't already mentioned) is: estrus for skyrim, lot of zarias stuff, Piercing and cuff pack, Sanguines debauchery, ZazAnimatonpack.

I feel like im missing stuff but most the time for the best adult stuff i just search on LL because lets be honest the best mods are found on here.

If you want a bigger challenge while traveling across the countryside (and to keep you from wearing skimpy), try Frostfall, and if you have Dragonborn, there are Skaal coats and armors that will provide you added cold-weather protection.

Guest SemiPr0

Not enough input here yet. Let me add a bit.

Frostfall....if you get anything, get that. Its definitely worth it.

Also quite the fan of Magic Duel Reborn but its a bit buggy on its re-release and Seb263 hasn't worked out the issue yet.

XPMS skeleton to ensure maximum animation compatibilities.

YY Mystic Knight animation replacer is quite nice if you're playing male or female though might be a bit odd on a few animations for males.

Dance of Death...sort of a given. Definitely makes combat more fun.

Deadly Combat...almost a requirement, Skyrim is way too easy without it....but it takes a lot of getting used to, an Orc with a 2 handed weapon can easily cleave through a low level block and kill you dead in one hit if they're using Fury.

Body mods are all a matter of taste so I won't recommend those.

I also highly recommend Player Headtracking, it doesn't do much but what it does do is make your character seem more alive and involved in the game world.

AFT or UFO for follower enhancements, though I tend to go with UFO...but even then I generally leave my followers at home cause combat with followers gets a to be a bit of a cluster, especially in dark dungeons.

Convenient Horses to deal with horses definitely, if using UFO ensure you tell the horse merchant "You know..." and then chose the convenient horses response.

Hrrm...graphically I'd say;

SFO by Vurt is almost a necessity.

Lush Trees and Grass from Opticshooter is good with the above.

Grass on Steroids is good with both the above and it allows you to render a lot more grass and boost FPS at the same time.

Pure Waters for water shaders over W.A.T.E.R...least these days, Pure Waters doesn't edit any cells and the less cell editing the better really.

Definitely every armor texture from Cabal120, the Book of Silence mod is a good pick up for those...its not fully completed yet but it makes the stock armors look fantastic.

Static Mesh Improvement Mod for mesh quality.

HQ Lods for distant LOD objects.

Better Distant Terrain by Opticshooter if you're using a low ugrids setting but it can be helpful even if you're not.

Skyrim2k HD for general textures, used in combo with the HD DLC's turns up pretty nice visuals, though don't let Skyrim 2k overwrite anything from the previous graphic mods I mentioned.

Climates of Tamriel this is right up there with Frostfall on "GET IT YOU WON"T BE SORRY."

Enhanced Lighting and Effects OR Realistic Lighting Overhaul, some ENB's don't like ELFX all that much so if you use ENB's that specifically don't work well with it like The Wilds...use RLO.

Enhanced Night Sky and Shooting Stars is nice but not entirely necessary unless you're just a graphics nut.

Just a few of the top mods I'd recommend to just about anyone.

I almost agree on everything SemiPro said except for lighting, I think Enhanced lights and FX gives better lighting with less FPS drop and they have a patch for Static Mesh Improvement.

Lightning during thunderstorms is a must for immersion so is Realistic Smoke and Embers.

You might cosider Enhanced Blood textures also.

As for gameplay it is really all about what you fancy as overhaul SkyRe is great but it has a lot of incompatibilities with modded weapons and armors, even with the Reproccer, ACE does the job but it is quite close from what you get from vaanilla perks.

Guest SemiPr0

Oh I use ELFX, its just not compatible with some of the more popular ENB's, though it seems to work with Project ENB just fine.

I found RLO to be way too dark in almost all instances.

oh deadly combat seems nice, i've used duel - combat realism for sometime, but i think deadly combat is better for faster-paced combat

and btw duel - combat realism has weird settings on archers, they one shot me from afar starting from Master difficulty..

Guest SemiPr0

I tried using Duel once....and the minute I loaded my save game my very female character had a male body. I searched for the problem for hours and never found an answer so I went with Deadly Combat instead and have used it ever since. The combat AI is must better in DC than in vanilla, for sure, and NPC's aren't dead stupid about their capabilities either. Its not just a simple leveled list scaling to adjust the enemies to like 0.5x your level or 1.5x your level, they're actually smarter about how they fight.

Nilheim for example, over near Ivarstead is a prime example of how difficult DC makes combat. Its just 6 bandits but holy crap I've died there so many times its not even funny.

Also quite the fan of Magic Duel Reborn but its a bit buggy on its re-release and Seb263 hasn't worked out the issue yet.

YY Mystic Knight animation replacer is quite nice if you're playing male or female though might be a bit odd on a few animations for males.

Deadly Combat...almost a requirement, Skyrim is way too easy without it....but it takes a lot of getting used to, an Orc with a 2 handed weapon can easily cleave through a low level block and kill you dead in one hit if they're using Fury.

I also highly recommend Player Headtracking, it doesn't do much but what it does do is make your character seem more alive and involved in the game world.

AFT or UFO for follower enhancements, though I tend to go with UFO...but even then I generally leave my followers at home cause combat with followers gets a to be a bit of a cluster, especially in dark dungeons.

Convenient Horses to deal with horses definitely, if using UFO ensure you tell the horse merchant "You know..." and then chose the convenient horses response.

Grass on Steroids is good with both the above and it allows you to render a lot more grass and boost FPS at the same time.

Pure Waters for water shaders over W.A.T.E.R...least these days, Pure Waters doesn't edit any cells and the less cell editing the better really.

Definitely every armor texture from Cabal120, the Book of Silence mod is a good pick up for those...its not fully completed yet but it makes the stock armors look fantastic.

Better Distant Terrain by Opticshooter if you're using a low ugrids setting but it can be helpful even if you're not.

Skyrim2k HD for general textures, used in combo with the HD DLC's turns up pretty nice visuals, though don't let Skyrim 2k overwrite anything from the previous graphic mods I mentioned.

Climates of Tamriel this is right up there with Frostfall on "GET IT YOU WON"T BE SORRY."

Enhanced Lighting and Effects OR Realistic Lighting Overhaul, some ENB's don't like ELFX all that much so if you use ENB's that specifically don't work well with it like The Wilds...use RLO.

Enhanced Night Sky and Shooting Stars is nice but not entirely necessary unless you're just a graphics nut.

Thanks, I listed the ones that sound like I would be interested in (Which is pretty much all of them :3) and I'll download em and see.

I remember trying stuff like skyrim2k and climates of tamriel and loved them I've just lost track of the awesome mods over time.

Is there any news on any adult mods that effect the players character (Struggling to think of the best way to describe it :s) Ie: Getting captrued sanguines debauchery, Rape in Estrus Charus etc. 

Guest SemiPr0

Thanks, I listed the ones that sound like I would be interested in (Which is pretty much all of them :3) and I'll download em and see.

I remember trying stuff like skyrim2k and climates of tamriel and loved them I've just lost track of the awesome mods over time.

Is there any news on any adult mods that effect the players character (Struggling to think of the best way to describe it :s) Ie: Getting captrued sanguines debauchery, Rape in Estrus Charus etc.

Sex Addicts by WaxenFigure is pretty much handling the "you fucked up and now its party time" side of "sex mods", ergo, if you're getting near to losing a fight the attacker will potentially rape you male or female (you can set sexuality preferences or a lack of them in the options), but WaxenFigure is kind of in the middle of doing a secondary project AND porting Sex Addicts into the SexLab framework so there hasn't been an update for awhile. I expect there will be one soon but who knows when.

SexLab from Ashal here on the Nexus is pretty much the go to plugin these days for consensual sexual situations and will likely be the base framework for just about anything sex mod wise from here on out. Its a very extensible system. So I'd expect to see most of the major sex mods rolled into its framework as framework plugins over the next few months....SexLab was only just recently released so its only got a couple addon plugins done so far, one a proof of concept plugin from Ashal and I believe someone has an SL-WorkingGirl plugin done. But SD, SA and EC are all still self contained projects, EC is likely to remain that way as its dependent on Estrus for its resources and SA doesn't really offer anything it can use.

Sex Addicts by WaxenFigure is pretty much handling the "you fucked up and now its party time" side of "sex mods", ergo, if you're getting near to losing a fight the attacker will potentially rape you male or female (you can set sexuality preferences or a lack of them in the options), but WaxenFigure is kind of in the middle of doing a secondary project AND porting Sex Addicts into the SexLab framework so there hasn't been an update for awhile. I expect there will be one soon but who knows when.

SexLab from Ashal here on the Nexus is pretty much the go to plugin these days for consensual sexual situations and will likely be the base framework for just about anything sex mod wise from here on out. Its a very extensible system. So I'd expect to see most of the major sex mods rolled into its framework as framework plugins over the next few months....SexLab was only just recently released so its only got a couple addon plugins done so far, one a proof of concept plugin from Ashal and I believe someone has an SL-WorkingGirl plugin done. But SD, SA and EC are all still self contained projects, EC is likely to remain that way as its dependent on Estrus for its resources and SA doesn't really offer anything it can use.

Downloaded and tried the mods you recommended, They have massively improved skyrim for me! Sexaddicts works fantastic I just need to find some kink mods :3 :D

I tried using Duel once....and the minute I loaded my save game my very female character had a male body. I searched for the problem for hours and never found an answer so I went with Deadly Combat instead and have used it ever since. The combat AI is must better in DC than in vanilla, for sure, and NPC's aren't dead stupid about their capabilities either. Its not just a simple leveled list scaling to adjust the enemies to like 0.5x your level or 1.5x your level, they're actually smarter about how they fight.

actually for combat AI, Deadly Combat is highly abusable to stagger the enemy, i just attack while walking back and the enemy do no harm at all, while Duel AI's is more deadly-they'll try to surround you and all attack at the same time, iirc DC also does this but since the stagger is abusable, it is a bit easier well at least for me, but in Duel it's archer damage is too much even someone made a patch about it. But after trying both, my play style goes to DC. Never goes to try magic duel though, magic basically still sucks even after i try to upgrade it with apocalypse spell pack, balance packs, and ASIS patch to enable NPC have access to new magics and perks.

also for immersion/gameplay, i'll  add

SkyUI (forgot to mention this, but considering you have those mods i think you already have it)

Lanterns of Skyrim (i've tried this with Climates of Tamriel and darker nights preset, looks great)

Wearable Lanterns (same with lanterns of skyrim)

Bandoliers Bags and Pouches (adds carry weight without being overpowered and looks cool)

Skyrim More Spawns (ever wonder why bandits only comes in a pack of 2 or 3 person? or wolf or sabre cats hunting alone? with this a bandit raid will consist of 10 people, animals hunts in packs, MCM customizable)

ApachiiskyhairNPCoverhaul (replaces almost every vanilla NPC's hair, not really good for immersion but looks a little better than the original low poly hair, requires Apachiiskyhair)

For hardcore gaming i would recommend mixing Requiem (total game overhaul, more oldschool and challenging approach), IMCN (with various patches for food mods), Frostfall (a must have), Alternate Start and perhaps a Hunterborn (if you are into forest-running with bow). It pretty much changes the travel into "man vs wild" experience. If you will google around this few mods, you will probably find plenty of others which nicely compensate other areas of game in similar hardcore fashion. Animals are still pretty stupid even after Requiem mod, so i'd recommend some realistic animals mod.

If you are into Tarantino-style bloody gameplay, you should consider Crimson Tide + Dance of Death + More Blood And Gore + perhaps Deadly Mutilation. And also Dead body collision fix. Combined alltogether those mods raise brutality to the maximum level. Also Warzones are fine addition to that.

As for armor and weapon mods there are so much to chose from, that its pointless to name more than few. Immersive armors/weapons are must-have again, Jaysus swords, perhaps Armonizer. These are a no-brainer. Rest is more optional to me. And as above: cloaks, winter is coming, bandolier, etc. All are nicely compatibile with frostfall for the survival experience. Bandoliers are especialy usefull with custom carryweight. 

Roleplaing part of the game is deeply enhanced by Interesting NPCs (i cant imagine playing without it, since NPCs from this one are far more immersive than vanilla bots. Also its fully voiced). You would also make good use of Enhanced Towns and Cities (or whats its name), since this mod makes boring hamlets like Darkwater or Rorikstead into something bigger and better.

Other than those, i would go with everything you already downloaded from posts above. You can easly guess that after "little" mod-browsing 255 esps limit will start to be a real bitch. : (

Yeah, i used wrye once but it left some dirty stuff in windows registry and now i cant get it to work properly. Not sure if it wasnt in some conflict with BOSS by any chance. As for now i dont use either at all. BOSS wasnt perfect too, it probably led me to few mistakes, now i sort plugins by hand only ;P

Archived