How is sexuality divided within the population?

Hello friends,

I was wondering about a mechanic that seems to work differently in CK3 compared to CK2, i.e. sexual diversity in the population, i.e. is it fixed at all times or fluid depending on your choice of game rules (realistic homosexuality, common homosexuality etc). I have noticed I am not able to breed gay supermen (having gay/bi chars have kids, and raising them by bi/gay guardians) as easily in CK3 as in CK2, this leads me to believe the number of gays is a set % at all times... blah blah... I cannot create a nation of super fags. 

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

br,

Ixum

From a glimpse at the file game/events/education_and_childhood/child_personality_events.txt it seems to be purely random, modified by your selected sexuality distribution in the game rules.

Only exception is if the character has a crush; without looking deeper into it, I would assume that's a random event, too.

You can mod the game to change this if you want. Default values for homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality are found in 00_defines (the heterosexual chance is found in 00_basic values but is just 100 minus each of those). It should be pretty easy to just change those values to whatever you want them to be. This would affect the whole population though.

1 hour ago, throwing746 said:

You can mod the game to change this if you want. Default values for homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality are found in 00_defines (the heterosexual chance is found in 00_basic values but is just 100 minus each of those). It should be pretty easy to just change those values to whatever you want them to be. This would affect the whole population though.

Not my thing, I want the challenge :)  I guess I thought it worked as in CK2, where if u assigned a gay guardian to ur kid it had a small influence... I think...