Extending skin tone range?

Ragu

I found the skin tone range in new vegas to be somewhat limited, specialy in the dark end of the spectrum. You see, I'd like to make a character with more of a sub-saharan tone (literary almost black). Is there a way to modify already made character towards that or perhaps a mod for it?

Probably with the GECK.

Couldn't tell you for sure since my win7 install is borked and using the geck crashes it.

When editing the face preset I'm using I found the same skin tone slider in GECK than the character creation uses but that too only goes as dark as in-game. There's numeral value but it doesn't go lower than the slider's bottom end so... yeah.

You may have to Edit a pre-existing texture in GIMP (with DDS plugin)' date=' then assign that dark texture to a particular character (your character) in the GECK.

[/quote']

I actually have the .dds plugin for Photoshop and considered this but I had doubts because of how (I assume) the body texture differs from normal ones. And then there's the face... well I'll look into it.

I may have a solution for you, but I fear it may be too dark:

There was a race called sunlanders for f3 i did play around with it and converted it...

Here's what I got:

ScreenShot0.jpg

You have to download this and extract it in the data folder:

hair pack

and this one:

Sunlanders race

then your replace with this file:

and this one:

You check both hairpack.esm and SunlanderNV in your mod manager and go...

Another way is to convert this race:

Facegen race

And to follow the instructions... But I didn't try this one since it's a lot of work to test (and I don't like facegen modeller anyway)...

Well I sure hope this will help...

Archived