Best body replacer for my needs?

Hey guys,

Since this is my first post, I'm the Colourless king, a reference to [K], an anime I enjoyed. I'm familiar with Oblivion, not so much with Skyrim as I have not had much of a chance to play games with work and such. Therefore, I'd like to ask what some may call a "stupid" question:

What is the best body replacer that:

Has seamless textures and a lot of custom races available.

Vanilla armour adaptations (I prefer to keep stock armours)

Will play nice with Steam and the Vampire race

I only have Dawnguard DLC, not planning on Hearthfire, may get Dragonborn.

Thanks and glad to be here.

Both CBBE & UNP have stock armor conversions. I don't see how a body replacer mod might conflict with vampirism, but as far as I know they both work just fine with it. For the most part, custom races that have been (or are going to be released soon) offer both a CBBE and UNP version for the textures. As far as seamless textures goes, it's impossible to get a perfect neck-body skin tone match. You can get extremely close to it, but due to how the game handles light it makes it difficult. There are far too many factors such as lighting overhaul maps, ENB settings, and even the vanilla game has lighting issues in some cases which all affect how visible the seam is.

The difference between both body options is merely personal preference. Some say CBBE is more barbie doll-like, but others swear by it. Same can be said about UNP/UNPB and it's variants. You should try both out to see which suits your tastes better. Also, there are dozens of CBBE vs. UNP threads all over these forums. Might want to check those out to help you make your decision.

If you're feeling a bit more devious than the average Skyrim player, you can try out LadyBody or ADEC. I know ADEC has vanilla armor adaptions (and rather awesome looking ones too), but I'm not too sure about LB.

More than armor packs or playing nice with vanilla stuff it is really a matter of tatse at first, CBBE has a more 'fantasy" look and UNP a more "realistic" look, ADEC and CHSBC are more curvy with bigger asses and boobs.

The most widely used are UNP and CBBE, I play Skyrim since the release date and I used CBBE until UNP came out and now I am using UNPB (with BBP option, available for all body types except LB maybe... not sure).

So if you want to get a lot of armor replacers and lots of vanilla conversions best luck is with CBBE and UNP.

I personally love the textures of LB but like I posted somewhere else on the forum, LB mod modifies others things in Skyrim that IMHO should not be changed by a body mod, and now we also have plenty of very good textures for both UNP and CBBE like Mature skin or SG textures renewal with amazing details and HD quality.

You can take a look here on the forums for many posted images of both bodies and go for the one that suits you the most :)

Enjoy!

Actually since my last post I went back to CBBE using Bodyslide ++ until the day Unp bodyslide will offer more options.

Since an image worth more than words here you go :

post-138874-0-22515300-1367602073_thumb.jpg

Note that this character is far from done, I just used a preset from Nigheim race and modified a little bit (well applied my bodyslide body also), I am not 100% happy with the body shape also but thats definitly a good start, this screen is 100% weight (you might have guessed tho).

Archived