The Thief of Virtue

View File

The Thief of Virtue

Version 1.0.1.Beta

A dating/hitting mod

Thief of Virtue a is mod that allow the player to seduce and bed NPCs. It is inspired by the venerable SexLabRomance concept but with a reimagined system to try to create an 'immersive' seducing experience. It revolves mostly around base game values and tries its best to be both easy to use, immersive and seamlessly integrated into the game. This a very lite imprint mod since pretty much all scripting is initiated by dialogues.

This is a young mod, so feedback and help are more than welcome.

How to start the mod

Just ask a NPC "How are you?"

Features

- Seduction is EXCLUSIVELY initiated by the player. If you want to be hit on I advise you try other mods like the excellent SexLab Approach and SexLab Drunk.
- Try to convince NPCs to sleep with you
- NPCs have moods, good or bad, that raise or lower your chances and that you can interact with
- Successful encounters will build their disposition toward you (you can disable it)
- Unlock new activities by raising their disposition and sexual experience
- Possibility to change the required disposition for marriage, so it takes more than a few wood logs to make someone fall in love with you.
- Possibility to make anyone marriable (use at your own risks)

- Possibility to disable the follower disposition auto bumped to 3 (experimental, might not work 100% of times, but should not causes problems). To slowly build your relationship with your follower (well through making love with them, but you know where you are), because hiring a mercenary should not magically make them your BFF.
- All combination are supported, MM, MF, FF, FM.
- Futas are supported (albeit untested), you'll just have to set its gender as Male in SexLab or better use Gender bender.
- Most of it is configurable via MCM.

How does it work ?

This might be a sex mod, but it is first and foremost an attempt at a free RP mod. I make obsessive efforts for it to not interfere with the way you want to play and build your character while integrating the most naturally I'm able to with the base game.

I also try my best to build something both dynamic and immersive, with a lot of different dialogue lines so NPCs give you a lot of feedback and you don't have to guess or skim through MCM stat pages.

It's really thought as a incentive to experiment and no hard punishment experience, so all you need to know you should be able to learn through dialogues, but as you can see English is not my mother language, so it might not be perfect as it is and some points might be missing feedback from the NPCs or said feedback might appear unclear to you. If you are willing to help in pointing poor NPCs lines, unclear or lacking feedback from their part or improve the dialogues, you are more than welcome!

So I worked hard in order to make the following extensive description superfluous. That said if you like verbose mods descriptions like I do, here are the things you should know :

Base principles

Read closely the NPCs reactions and dialogues, they are supposed to guide you in your choices, NPCs give you a lot of feedback.

Under the hood, pretty much everything relies on base game, SexLab And SexLab Arousal values.

Seduction

It's the key part, and the only way to raise the game base disposition (that vanilla you can win through favor quests) through this mod.

Each time you bed a NPC, there is a chance it will raise their disposition towards you.

When you try to ben a NPC, they will give you an (estimated) hint on how likely they are to accept.
Seduction can always fail, but don't sweat it there are no bad consequences for it (just a cool down).

Put the NPCs in a good mood to increase your chances (see below).

Many factors are taken into account, factions, quests, NPC-NPC relationship, jobs (Jarls are harder to woe for instance), ... But Disposition, Arousal, Moods and Sexual orientation are the main ones.

(I got rid of speechcraft as a factor, as I don't want to influence the way players build their character)

Intercourses

In case of success, the available types of intercourses will depend on the NPC SexLab experience, confidence and disposition toward you. Build the NPC experience with intercourses to unlock possibilities. From my test, it seems rather easy tho, the Skyrim denizen are no prudes (in reality the base SexLab seeding is quite generous).

Personality

Each NPCs will have a "personality" generated that consist of things they like or dislike.

It's mostly random for now, but I'm working toward getting something more organic, depending on the NPC's faction, job, etc...

For now only "courtly" jobs have an influence on a NPC personnality (Jarls, Stewards, Housecarls and Court Wizards) as a proof of concept, but in the future most of them will (blacksmith will tend to prefer practical PCs, thiefs sulfurous ones, etc...)

Personality only impact the NPC reaction to the action you take through this mod, it doesn't give any passive bonus/malus.

Traits

Your PC traits represent their strong points that you can use to hit on NPCs.

They are based on vanilla game stats and organically increase depending on the way you play.

It is made with a strong Roleplaying bias (restricted by actual Skyrim gameplay), so wathever the way you play your chacter, even as a civilian, it should reflect on his/her traits and are not exclusive of each other.

You can consult this stats through dialogue.

Fame: How renowed your character is. It's the only trait that acts as a passive bonus on your bedding attempts.

Seasonned: Increase the more you character learn about Skyrim, its people and its culture. That's the trait of knowledgeable travellers full of stories.

Practical: Incrase the more your character crafts. That's the trait of down to earth makers and artisans.

Sulfurous: Increase as your character does bad things. That's the trait of bad guys/girls.

Dignified: Increase as you make your way in the good society of Skyrim. This trait is intentionally hard to increase.

While I'm quite happy with it, this system was made in a vacuum and most certainly needs refining (feedback and ideas people!).

Mood System
Thief of virtue include a simple mood system.
Basically, a given NPC can be Sad, Angry, Happy or Neutral, the latter being generally the case.
Moods will vary mostly depending on your actions.

It can also vary randomly to simulate the fact that there are other things than you in the NPCs life.
'Bad moods' (Sad, Angry) lower your chances but good mood increases it.

I know it feels like a hidden stat, those I really don't like, but in practice NPCs will give you a lot of feedback about their mood.

Interactions

- "You know, I'm feeling quite frisky right now." will lead to a bedding attempt. NPCs will give you feedback on your likelihood of success. Not much else to say.

The rest of the interactions allow you to leverage the mood and personality system to raise your chances:

- You can ask the NPC to talk about themself, they will give you tips about what they like/dislike, what brighten them when they are sad/upset, their mood, etc...*

- You can talk (hit) on the npc by using one of your Traits, use the knowledge you've learnt with the previous item.*

- You can make gifts to the NPC. There are 4 categories of gifts, the more expensive the gift, the more effect it will have. Same as above, use what they told you about them to choose the good category.

- You can see your Traits values as explained higher.

* If you talk too much to them, NPCs will start to get annoyed depending on their disposition toward you. They will warn you about it. Their annoyment decreases over time. If you get pushy they will refuse your hitting attempts for a time.

Hard Requirements
SexLab
SexLab Aroused Redux

Fus Roh Do

(Higly) Recommanded Mods
SexLab Separate Orgasm - With it, you better give your best not to let successfully seduced NPCs frustrated.
Mods that improve expressions and dialogue cam - I make an extensive use of expression during dialogue lines to give you even more input on the NPC state of mind. Thing is, vanilla NPC are as expressives as bricks, so go check thoose mods :

Better facial animations - Female edition https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19181

Better facial animations - Male edition https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19532

Alternate conversation camera https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21220

Also mods that offer ways to raise NPCs arousal might be fun.

Incompatibilities
SexLab Romance - It won't break anything, but they kind of do the same thing so...

What I'm working on now

Debugging and general improvement.

Planned features
- Improving dialogues (might need help)

- More contextual dialogues (races, factions, etc...) If I ever feel like punishing myself, I'll make Khajiit exclusive lines.

- Taking into account jobs and faction in the personality generation for all NPCs

- Better integration with Dawnguard and Dragonborn that are a bit forgotten as it is

- Unique gifts with permanent special effects (like offer copies of the beloved vanilla smutty books to NPCs)
- Intimidate for sex and devious bullying
- Misc small things (using illusion spells to mesmerize, bribe for sex...)

- Cucking?

- Maybe, but just maybe, at some point NPCs will take initiative and hit on you.

What I won't do

- Voiced dialogues. I did make some tests, and it would take a crazy amount of time for a less than stellar result. And all custom voiced NPCs would fall through the cracks.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/28/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab SE, Sexlab Aoursed Redux SE, Fus Roh Do
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

9 hours ago, nadalotta said:

Nice - are the dialogues voiced or do we need Fus Ro Doh?

You'll need Fus Ro Doh, I'll add it to the Requirements. I'm considering using voiced dialogues, done some test for it, and it's a crazy amount of work. But wtwo things are taking me back from jumping into it :

• It's really limitating, as you have to write your dialogues around what answers you can get. I know about xVASynth and it's a great tool, but it's even more work (like an enormous amount) and in part because I'm not being a natural english speaker, I never really got to get satisfying results.
  • It would still get silent with any NPC not using the base voices (custom voiced followers, 3dNPC, etc...) and making specific patches for these occurrences seems to be a technical nightmare (not even talking about the work it represents) from what I can see.

I'll gladly take others opinion tho, but that is something (and dialogues n general) I'd def need some help with.

1 hour ago, Dohvakin said:

Awesome. I feel obligated to point out the existence of a similar mod - a rebuild of sexlab romance - Sexlab Romance SE Rekindled. Maybe you could collaborate with the mod author or sth?

Ah gosh, I missed that one... there clearly is overlapping, but this one had no update in a year so... I considered starting from Sexlab Romance, but I ended up starting from scratch as under the hood ToV is more dynamic than SLR that had a lot of fixed values.

1 hour ago, Gurofiend24 said:

This looks promising! I'd like to request an interaction where you can ask your partner to sleep with someone else.

I guess that would be doable. Not my kink but I'll add it to the backlog if I have demands.

11 hours ago, Gurofiend24 said:

This looks promising! I'd like to request an interaction where you can ask your partner to sleep with someone else.

There's a new cuckhold mod out. Came out recently and it's being worked on. (might be for le but porting it is easy)

9 hours ago, Vegetius said:

Ah gosh, I missed that one... there clearly is overlapping, but this one had no update in a year so... I considered starting from Sexlab Romance, but I ended up starting from scratch as under the hood ToV is more dynamic than SLR that had a lot of fixed values.

The mod author is on a temporary break but yeah. There actually has been development on the dialogue front. Someone has made a decent update using xVASynth (in the comments).

3 hours ago, Dohvakin said:

There's a new cuckhold mod out. Came out recently and it's being worked on. (might be for le but porting it is easy)

Ah yes I saw! While I'll def try it out, trying to convince your partner seems more fun to me, but if it's not the authors kink it's okay.

• 2 months later...

Would add a bit of realism to have "hints" (not initiation) dropped by NPC's. Immersive wenches have a trigger when you enter some sort of proximity that they ask you if  "is there anything I can do for you?" - and the comment "would you like to buy a lady a drink?" is another - not by opening a conversation, just as general chat, but clearly directed at you. If there was some way of having "interested" npcs make some comments based on a similar trigger - but different comments based on your criteria above - it really would add "atmosphere"

5 hours ago, Caithness said:

Would add a bit of realism to have "hints" (not initiation) dropped by NPC's. Immersive wenches have a trigger when you enter some sort of proximity that they ask you if  "is there anything I can do for you?" - and the comment "would you like to buy a lady a drink?" is another - not by opening a conversation, just as general chat, but clearly directed at you. If there was some way of having "interested" npcs make some comments based on a similar trigger - but different comments based on your criteria above - it really would add "atmosphere"

En excellent idea and a way to achieve it, that's some great post thanks! I'm thinking those scenes should trigger only for NPCs you already hit on at least once, so you don't get to have feedback from Nazeem when you are after Alfhid.

4 hours ago, Cyrodiil_Sword said:

Is there a change log?

No and for a good reason, pretty much everything beside the initiate sex dialogue branch have been completely redesigned.

Edited by Vegetius
49 minutes ago, Vegetius said:

En excellent idea and a way to achieve it, that's some great post thanks! I'm thinking those scenes should trigger only for NPCs you already hit on at least once, so you don't get to have feedback from Nazeem when you are after Alfhid.

Another great model is Elvira from the follower mod "Hot Chicks Have Hot Sisters" - she wanders Whiterun and expresses her interest in you quite a bit.

8 hours ago, Caithness said:

Another great model is Elvira from the follower mod "Hot Chicks Have Hot Sisters" - she wanders Whiterun and expresses her interest in you quite a bit.

Thanks. I'll have to go back to the design board to see what I wanna do with that, but I must admit I didn't even thought of it.

Regarding dialogues, I think the more pressing matter would be to just make more of them. There already are more than a few, but each occurrence has a specific set of trigger. It might need diversity not to get old, but I think I'm getting close to reach my limit in english to build any more decent lines around the same subjects.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:26 PM, Vegetius said:

No and for a good reason, pretty much everything beside the initiate sex dialogue branch have been completely redesigned.

Back again - I'm not so sure about needing to exclude others restricting it to only NPCs you already hit on. Perhaps a gender option for those that want it instead?

Some other mods that may have some ideas to implement this - in no particular order

Relationship Rank Notification in Dialogue - shows changes in your relationship in the message box, can toggle same sex off

Compliments and Insults - Dialogue options to Compliment (chance of relationship increase) and Insult (decrease) - a compliment before hitting on your "target" could well make the difference. (it is bugged - if you compliment a lover it can recycle you to acquaintance)

Humorous Naked Comments (LE, but works in SE) and Positive Undressed Reactions both use naked actor trigger to produce appropriate (or inappropriate) comments,

Obviously Sexlab Attraction, Aroused

I really like the idea of a mod like this being spontaneous, not a forcegreet - just a casual background comment - the naked comment mods use a naked actor trigger - perhaps a drink or potion that gives you an attraction for so many in game hours, and comments that only occur if you have that effect. Putting on the scent before going out lol. Pheromone?

Edited by Caithness
On 7/3/2021 at 11:09 PM, whyyouhateme said:

Neat idea! About time someone made a Sexlab Romance successor.

By the way, this mod causes a log messages to appear. Debug mode is disabled.

SkyrimSE_2021_07_04_01_08_23_817.jpg

enb2021_7_4_00_53_06.png

Yes I saw it just after uploading the new version... As I mostly play in debug mod, didn't noticed it... Will fix this soon but I want to see if I stumble on others bugs first to fix them in batch. Thanks for bringing it up, feedback is always useful!

On 7/4/2021 at 1:26 AM, Caithness said:

Back again - I'm not so sure about needing to exclude others restricting it to only NPCs you already hit on. Perhaps a gender option for those that want it instead?

Some other mods that may have some ideas to implement this - in no particular order

Relationship Rank Notification in Dialogue - shows changes in your relationship in the message box, can toggle same sex off

Compliments and Insults - Dialogue options to Compliment (chance of relationship increase) and Insult (decrease) - a compliment before hitting on your "target" could well make the difference. (it is bugged - if you compliment a lover it can recycle you to acquaintance)

Humorous Naked Comments (LE, but works in SE) and Positive Undressed Reactions both use naked actor trigger to produce appropriate (or inappropriate) comments,

Obviously Sexlab Attraction, Aroused

I really like the idea of a mod like this being spontaneous, not a forcegreet - just a casual background comment - the naked comment mods use a naked actor trigger - perhaps a drink or potion that gives you an attraction for so many in game hours, and comments that only occur if you have that effect. Putting on the scent before going out lol. Pheromone?

That's definitely going in the backlog, but I can't tell when I'll work on it, going to be pretty busy during summer time.

Edited by Vegetius

Trying it out, everything seems to be working good so far.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, Caithness said:

I will second this! It would be awesome.

On 7/3/2021 at 2:09 PM, whyyouhateme said:

By the way, this mod causes a log messages to appear. Debug mode is disabled.

SkyrimSE_2021_07_04_01_08_23_817.jpg

enb2021_7_4_00_53_06.png

Is there a way to temporarily remove these messages at least, until you come up with a fixed version? They are getting in the way of other messages that appear in that spot.

15 hours ago, Holly Storm said:

Trying it out, everything seems to be working good so far.

I will second this! It would be awesome.

Is there a way to temporarily remove these messages at least, until you come up with a fixed version? They are getting in the way of other messages that appear in that spot.

Not without recompiling a script. But you know what, I'm gonna fix this tight now.

The pesky debug notification should be fixed, meanwhile:

For now, relationship already changes the way the NPC answer you when you enter the mod dialogues branch. I do not forbid myself to use notification in the future if I feel it would help the player and make things clearer, but by default I try to avoid it, because with several mods using notification or message boxes it can become annoying quite quickly.

Instead of Compliments, you already got the possibility to use (kind of corny) "pickup" phrases that use the personnality/traits system that achieve exactly what you describe. As for insult, since rn it would only serve to lower your chances there isn't really a point as it is. But I'm working on a darker part of relations, and it will be part of it.

It's not exactly the same thing, but I'm also thinking about some handpicked "special" gifts, like copies of the Thief of Virtue, Lusty Argonian Maid, love filter, etc... that would permanently raise your chances, the NPC's arousal and such. I had not though about potions used by the PC, (since at first I used Speechcraft as a value, a simple raise Speechcraft potion was doing the trick but that's not the case anymore, even if I'll probably make that high speechcraft gives a bonus or a persuade option), and I'll definitely keep this in a part of my head.

Edited by Vegetius

Updated to 1.0.2BETA, sorry for the broken changelog, copy/paste failed me:

• Children should now be excluded (woops...)
  • Fixed the fact that some (important) npcs would not follow you.
  • Fixed a bug that caused annoyment to decrease extremely slowly.
  • Fixed the fact that sometimes no sex activity was available on success.
  • The player chosing a gift option but actually giving nothing was not handled in dialogues, now it is.
  • Added more item types to the category [Useful] as it was quite hard to have anything to give.
Edited by Vegetius

Just curious... I've always wanted to be able to RP this into a thief like character, where you seduce your target, and can then steal from them. There was a mod back in the day, but it wasn't maintained as best as I am aware and was never ported that helped do this. Is this something you'd consider implementing into this mod? Once you seduce and bed the NPC, you'd have the option to try and steal from them with raised % of success.

5 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

Just curious... I've always wanted to be able to RP this into a thief like character, where you seduce your target, and can then steal from them. There was a mod back in the day, but it wasn't maintained as best as I am aware and was never ported that helped do this. Is this something you'd consider implementing into this mod? Once you seduce and bed the NPC, you'd have the option to try and steal from them with raised % of success.

I know the mod you are talking about, and while it seems to have been ported, it looks like it may not be working, but I encourage you to try out.

Regarding my mod, I consider it out of scope tbh, I hope you'll understand.

But doing what you request wouldn't be that hard tbh, So you might find your luck with another modder. Or even try doing it yourself, I'd agree to help you.

47 minutes ago, Vegetius said:

I know the mod you are talking about, and while it seems to have been ported, it looks like it may not be working, but I encourage you to try out.

Regarding my mod, I consider it out of scope tbh, I hope you'll understand.

But doing what you request wouldn't be that hard tbh, So you might find your luck with another modder. Or even try doing it yourself, I'd agree to help you.

I absolutely understand! Just figured it was worth an ask. Thanks for taking the time to respond.