Weird skin issue with lights

Jay1646

It's the dreaded texture seamline I believe.. I remember I had that on one of my previous moded setups.. oh, the frustration in trying to remove it.

Try the seam reducer mod, maybe, not guaranteed to work. Also try downloading Ozmos updated hi-ress textures and make sure the body is 100 % compatible and seamless too.

I'm no expert, but you could try some of the stuff I listed, it might just help.

OR

I could be completely wrong and this has nothing to do with meshes and textures. :P

As stated above the seam reducer should help but the offish color might still show in some low lighting areas. I would first recommend updating your textures with a high resolution body texture pack. Once installed, check your character in game again, it helps to make note of where this issue happen the most. If its still present, then add in the seam reducer.

Try to replace the upperbody mesh with the standard HGEC mesh. See if it still happens.

If yes, then it's the texture. In this case, you should also have mismatch skin tones on the inner thigh and on the upper side of the arms. Solving this is easy if you have access to an image editing program like PS or GIMP and if your texture is symmetrical (no asymmetrical tatoos and stuff). Just copy one half of the body texture, invert it on the horizontal side, then carefully paste it on the other side. Voila, no more seam.

If no, then the mesh must be fixed. Probably something with the normals. Can't be of much help in this case.

Archived