Female only pregnancy trait mod? Amazonian pregnancy?

Was wondering if anyone has seen or made a mod creating a trait where a character could only produce female children.

Was thinking it would be cool to set up some sort of Amazonian custom race and/or trait.

Also open to suggestion on how to start a mod like this. I've successfully made body morph custom traits and simple shit like custom hair/eyes but I've never messed with custom events.

I might be able to make that work. I saw another mod out there where someone successfully increased twins chance. Which could offset fertility issues from killing half your offspring.

The only thing that might get annoying is if the removed kids show up as deceased. I'm sure there's a way to completely remove them.

I heard there's something that lets you change the gender of a child that will be born. You'd just tie that to the event that gives the pregnancy trait. I think there's already a mod that modifies the percentage of female children born. Regula Magestri has a holy site effect which says it causes more female children.

On 4/15/2021 at 7:49 PM, disposabletemp said:

It's possible to do. You can fire an event using on_pregnancy_mother then call scope:mother = { set_pregnancy_gender = female }

You'll want to create a custom trait then check for it otherwise every single baby in the game will be a girl.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:22 PM, whateverdontcare said:

I heard there's something that lets you change the gender of a child that will be born. You'd just tie that to the event that gives the pregnancy trait. I think there's already a mod that modifies the percentage of female children born. Regula Magestri has a holy site effect which says it causes more female children.

Thanks. I was successfully able to make the custom trait with y'alls advice. Was simpler than I thought it'd be.

For anyone that stumbles upon these comments, see below for how I did it.

namespace = custom_event

custom_event.2000 = {
    hidden = yes

trigger = {
       OR = {
        has_trait = custom_trait
        }
    }

immediate = { 
        random = {
            chance = 100
            set_pregnancy_gender = female