Adventures in Mooing...er...Modding

• 2 weeks later...

I have been away from modding too and am just coming back to it. I think it now a logical end point that I will make a mod at some point. Your little blog here will I think be quite invaluable if I do. I hope you finish your mod in time it looks very interesting

• 4 months later...

I took a long break from working on mods and just started back again in July.  Surprisingly, it was easy to pick back up again and some things that seemed hard before were very simple this time around.  NPC to NPC conversations finally worked, I figured out a new method to deal with NPCs milking the cows, picking up poop, racking milk bottles, and placing them in the refrigerators.  This week I finally got a trader sorted out to buy cows from the Player when settlements have a lot of them.  The trader will also buy milk and cow care items but that wasn't a big deal since all traders will buy these.

All of the quests that I was working on are done.  So, what still has to be finished before I can publish this mod?

More new NPCs?  The mod currently introduces seven humans and one ghoul.  I enjoyed their dialogue and development more than most aspects of making a mod.

More NPC to NPC conversations

Companion Affinity changes for player actions with hucows?  Preston is way too complacent as the Player turns half the Commonwealth into near animals and Piper didn't blink an eye when I turned her into a lactating cow as part of a herd at the Red Rocket.  That should probably be corrected.

A few more quests or random encounters?  I had some new ideas for quests.  One was to rescue settlers and hucows from a supermutant camp so that I can create some new furniture items.  I am bored of gorebags.

NPC comments when the Player is a hucow, maybe some effects on trading or other interactions?

Male on Male functionality?  Someone may want a herd of all bulls.  Right now, a bull player can easily have sex with female hucows but there is not a way to do the same with male hucows unless you use AAF Home Key or another mod's sex hotkey.

New Animations, Animfurns, AnimObjects?  Still a lot to learn about making these.

Playtesting, especially as a bull since I haven't done that much.  There is a lot more activity as a female hucow or a male player so far.

AI voiced dialogue?  Silent Voice Generator is great for silent dialogue, but voiced dialogue would be better if it sounds right.

MCM options - Yes/No cows poop?  Yes/No random sex in settlements with hucows?  

Figure out what to change when Fusion Girl or another bod mod is used instead of CBBE

Cleanup of odds and ends that are no longer needed.  I have been tidying up as I go but there are still things that need to be deleted.

The mod making journey has come a long way since I started in March of 2021?  I have learned a lot along the way and it has gotten easier and easier.  I put some things into this mod just to learn more and the process is lengthened because I keep exploring new things instead of just cranking this mod out.  I guess I owe you some pics at least to help fill up the time.

Edited by GrimGrim31