Flail animations!?!?

Besides having sex in my game, ever since I started playing oblivion, I wanted flails. For a while, they just seemed to much for Oblivion to handle. So I was sad, but checking the latest mods today, I think I found the mod that adds flails with animations to the game!

Here's the link: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40781

The mod was done by none other than the outstanding fore on tesnexus, the one who created the amazing bbb NoMaam animations.

I'd be great if someone tried this out to see how well this works, maybe adding a video demonstrating the mod as well?

And, what do you guys think!?

Huh, no video? But it indeed looks god damn interesting, and i always thught it strange that blunt weapons used the same animations as swords.

But then again i thought Oblivion's attack animations were just strange period...

Who the fuck stands there with their weapon out of the way, leaving them open for attack? Like seriously, if someone makes a European martial arts animation over haul that isn't overly gimmicky i'd (figuratively) suck their cock.

Huh' date=' no video? But it indeed looks god damn interesting, and i always thught it strange that blunt weapons used the same animations as swords.

But then again i thought Oblivion's attack animations were just strange period...

Who the fuck stands there with their weapon out of the way, leaving them open for attack? Like seriously, if someone makes a European martial arts animation over haul that isn't overly gimmicky i'd (figuratively) suck their cock.

[/quote']

Heheh. Todd Howard needs to slap those animators in the face! Hopefully Bethesda fired them and got better ones, Skyrim's anims look much better.

Besides having sex in my game' date=' ever since I started playing oblivion, I wanted flails. For a while, they just seemed to much for Oblivion to handle. So I was sad, but checking the latest mods today, I think I found the mod that adds flails with animations to the game!

Here's the link: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40781

The mod was done by none other than the outstanding fore on tesnexus, the one who created the amazing bbb NoMaam animations.

I'd be great if someone tried this out to see how well this works, maybe adding a video demonstrating the mod as well?

And, what do you guys think!?

[/quote']

Hi folks, didn't think NoMaaM Flail Animations raises much interest here. Glad it does. :)

No I couldn't make a video. My PC died again just before I was almost ready to release. But I didn't want to wait ahead of Skyrim, so no video, no better pictures, and a few little things in the attack animations I don't like. But my partner will make a new video very soon for RGMs Real Flails and Chain Maces

But I can assure you it's worth trying. My partner did a great job of making well-rigged weapons. So if you are more in adventure, rather than hack 'n' slash, these weapons & animations can be a good alternative. And I will add more adaptations soon.

HOLY SHIT! YOU JOINED HERE!! **Faints**

Welcome fore! Thank you for joining! Thank you for your amazing mods!

I'll be trying this mod out very soon!

Thanks for your nice welcome, HaloReachMan123. I'm browsing this great, open-minded site for quite some time. Ever since someone asked me if I could do some Lovers PK BBBing. But I was too active with NoMaaM. I didn't join before July simply because of my laziness. It's too easy here to be without login. :P

if flails are finally working i hope we can see a whip mod soon' date=' always liked whips as weapons and thought they would fit well into the elder scrolls universe

[/quote']

I don't think you will ever see whip animation, at least no good looking one.

Flails are relatively easy. They always go straight from the handle. Except for the walk &run, where I added a little bending of the chain.

Whips are much more complicated. They meander when used. 3-dimensional. And I have no idea, how. On top of that there is a technical issue. Coronerra gave us 8 whip bones for his skeleton. But you can't simulate a whip with just 8 bones. I guess it would take probably 20 bones to make reasonable whip moves. That's something you simply cannot animate without a simulation program. And who can do that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived