So I tried to subdivide edges and vertices in my mesh and smoothed them with right-click and "Smooth vertices". After this my texture is messed up and you can see in the photos attached. Can someone explain me where I'm wrong?

Any advice is well received and appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

blender1.jpg

blender.jpg

2 hours ago, rauul995 said:

"Smooth vertices".

Cross your fingers this works... and @JoshQ pops in as I have always had that happen with "smooth vertices". It seems to act as decimate. Maybe check Blender online? I have always just done other things, but also avoid messing with that many vertices in a mesh.

9 hours ago, rauul995 said:

I will try online support with Blender

If I knew, I would tell you, but as I said, I get the same when using that feature. And, I generally work with less vertices, and make adjustments to row groups, then individual vertices as needed.

From the pictures and the description I cannot make sense of what the problem is, unwrapping has nothing to do with smooth vertices, at least in my particular experience.

Looking at the pic more closely I’m seeing triangles instead of quads and Blender definitely hates triangles with a passion so maybe is has something to do. If you still require assistance I would ask for more details and the .blend file for inspection.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 11:22 PM, JoshQ said:

unwrapping has nothing to do with smooth vertices

I think it was because of something I experienced when trying to use "smooth vertices" from the layout drop down menu. Blender will make the mesh smooth, but moves the vertices on the mesh, but does not adjust the UV map. This causes the texture to look as it does in the photos. It's possible that Blender may want you to re project the UV after smoothing?

@rauul995, any luck? I have also been playing with various "smooth" features when I have had a chance, with some success using the one found in modifiers> smooth. At least, it has worked okay for what I have been trying to do, which is make crazy boots for a character. So far, I have only cut off a leg at mid thigh, tris to quads, sub-divided the edges on all faces, split the back vertices, and unwrapped the UV. Then, merged vertices and used modifier smooth on x and y axis, then increased the size to fit the leg again. Now, I am cutting and doing basic shaping.

But... was wondering if you have had any success???

5 hours ago, rauul995 said:

no success

My very limited success has been in boots for a TS3 version of Widowmaker. I borrowed some parts from a mesh online for the body, and made the base mesh from EA, but the boots have been an issue, so I'm trying to make them. I used EA leg, increased vertices in quads and used modifier smooth mesh on x and y axis only (not z). This made the mesh smooth, but also thinner than the leg, so I just increased the size again on x and y and it remained smooth. But, I also had to re-split the back and unwrap the UV again. I have done this split and unwrapping several times, so I do not know how it would work for matching to an existing UV and texture? I have seen a tool that I think says "transfer UV"??? But, have never needed to try it.

I am like you, that there are so many tools in Blender that I have never tried, or tried once or twice and they did not work as I hoped. But, there have been some things that Josh tried to teach me that I simply did not understand, but months later continued to try and have learned a few of them.