How can I have emotion from EDialog to stay during sexact?

companion

So... I only recently came across EDialog mod that allows players to conjure up a facial expression, store it, and apply to PC or NPC of player's own choosing.

The question is, how can I make it that the EDialog facial expression applied to PC overrides facial expressions built in the various animations?

Guest ThatOne

As far as I know, most facial animations override each other; you'll have to remove one to use the other.

The Lovers animation files contain the facial animations as well as the actual motion, and seeing as there are four files for each animation number (for either offender or defender) removing all of them would take quite a long time - not to mention it's a pretty bad idea, seeing as none of the npcs will have facial animation in those animations.

If you are still determined to try, I suggest you use NifSkope. Open the animation files, search for the NiTextKeyExtraData, change the Text Keys value to two and refresh the array.

I suggest you keep a backup of all the animations you modify.

As I have been working my way through the animations in the animations workshop here I have noticed exactly what ThatOne is pointing out.  The majority of animations do contain some facial commands.  There are a few that do not, but most do.

You could "cheat" a bit and just remove (or add) them to the last stage of the animations (x0) and that might save you some time.  Otherwise you will need to edit all four animations for each NPC for a total of 8 for both of them for the complete sex act.  If you ended up attempting that you are looking at 8 animations times 200 sex positions for a total of 1600 total edits required.  That would be months and months worth of work. :-/

Many thanks for the replies, I think I was able to follow what ThatOne described, though I couldn't override the mouth expression.

gregathit, I don't think I follow, being fairly inexperienced in all this editing tools. Could you explain removing facial commands to x0 means?

And if I am to try and learn about modifying the facial expressions built in to the animations myself, what is the place to start?

The x0 kf file (off and def) are the orgasm stage.  Altering just that stage would allow you to go much faster making your plugin.

You can remove facial commands via the method that ThatOne detailed in nifskope or you can remove them via blender.

Learning to use both blender and nifskope is something you will need to do to begin tinkering with animations.

Archived