Just an honest Question about conversion of Skyrim LE mods to Skyrim SE.

Hi! Maybe someone has asked this question before "probably, almost sure," I want to understand something. And this is a noob question but.....

Why is it hard to convert some mods from LE to SE even if they don't have a "dll" file? Shouldn't it be straightforward to convert a mod to SE? It's the same game (noob mentality standpoint) right? So scripts should work regardless, unless the modder's script is Game Engine x32 dependent?

Meshes, Anims, Textures & Plugins can be easily converted with tools "Cathedral Assets" and the CK to change "form" but why modders do not make an SE version as well, is it hard or tedious? Is it super complicated to make an SE version from a mod built for LE? Do they need to change something fundamental to make an SE version?  Now I am in no way bashing the modders and the things they go through to bring us content kudos to them and their patience and may they be blessed with health & vitality. It's just a question that I have. And please pardon my ignorance.

I want a "simple" answer? So if any modder out there can enlighten me I would be much obliged. And again it's not complaining, I want to understand basic principles as to why some mods work and some are not. Is it scripts? Is it assets? Is it because SKSE x64 has different architecture? Or because Skyrim SE is x64 it makes everything more complicated?

Thank you for reading AND stay safe!

1 hour ago, Sorrow_421 said:

Hi! Maybe someone has asked this question before "probably, almost sure," I want to understand something. And this is a noob question but.....

Why is it hard to convert some mods from LE to SE even if they don't have a "dll" file? Shouldn't it be straightforward to convert a mod to SE? It's the same game (noob mentality standpoint) right? So scripts should work regardless, unless the modder's script is Game Engine x32 dependent?

Meshes, Anims, Textures & Plugins can be easily converted with tools "Cathedral Assets" and the CK to change "form" but why modders do not make an SE version as well, is it hard or tedious? Is it super complicated to make an SE version from a mod built for LE? Do they need to change something fundamental to make an SE version?  Now I am in no way bashing the modders and the things they go through to bring us content kudos to them and their patience and may they be blessed with health & vitality. It's just a question that I have. And please pardon my ignorance.

I want a "simple" answer? So if any modder out there can enlighten me I would be much obliged. And again it's not complaining, I want to understand basic principles as to why some mods work and some are not. Is it scripts? Is it assets? Is it because SKSE x64 has different architecture? Or because Skyrim SE is x64 it makes everything more complicated?

Thank you for reading AND stay safe!

I guess the first question would be, do you have an example of a mod without a DLL that is difficult to convert? Every instance of a mod that doesn't want to convert may have their own particular reason for problems to arise. 

the broad spectrum answer would be that the mod depends on something in SKSE that was changed in SKSE64 or some other interaction with a mod that is somehow different in SE than LE (there are a few mild differences in Sexlab for example, not big things to be sure but they are there none the less.)

Outfits can also be a problem if they use HDT-PE which is not really a thing in SE. 

At this time the SE conversion tracking thread lists on a few mods as being 'buggy' when converted and only one with an outright issue

Spoiler

image.png.564d1a0d3f8505567a162faea608db02.png

I use SL Drunk redux which is a SE-ified version and it works fine, and Simple Slavery Plus SE now has Simple Slavery plus plus which works fine. 

SL_triggers appears to actually be far superior imho to SexLabUtil1 so no biggie on that. 

Kidnapped always had issues even in LE

My copy of naked dungeons appears to work fine, but I do not use many of its features.