I have skyrim V

Epyon#

I have recently used some mods to see if what

I was doing was right. But it turns out that

none of the mods i used to install with

mod manager are working. Is there a

way to activate them with mod manager?

I am really new to this. COuld use some help.

If you downloaded your mods from Skyrim Nexus (where you get the Nexus Mod Manager), then you would have seen the option to "Download with manager". If you used that to download your mods, then just open your Mod Manager (NMM) and click (single-click) the "Mods" tab at the top next to "Plugins". Look for the mod(s) you want to activate and either double click to activate, or click to highlight and click on the blue icon on the left panel that says "Activates the selected mod." to activate it. If you got your mods from Lovers Lab, there is a pretty good chance you will have to "Install manually", and that usually means you need a program like Winrar or 7Zip to open and "Extract" the downloaded files. Files like that almost always come with a "Read me" file in the downloaded folder that explains the installation process. However, the majority of mods just need to be "extracted" in the "Data" folder commonly found in this path:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\.

This is not the case in all mods, so don't go extracting every mod in that folder. Be sure to read the installation process usually listed on the same page the download link is on to see if it tells you to install manually and how to do it. If it tells you that you can go ahead and use the NMM to open it, then open your NMM, click the mods tab, and then lick the 1st blue icon the left panel (top) that says "Add mod from file" to install a mod that you placed in a new folder on your desktop. It's always good to have a new folder named "Skyrim Mods" or something like that to save your downloaded mods to for easy finding, because your NMM will ask where to find your mod after you click the add mod icon. Double click the mod you placed in that folder to add the mod, then just go find it and activate it in the NMM. Finally, click the "Plugins" tab on the top left to see all of your .esp, or "Plugin" files. Make sure you have the little box beside each of the desired mods "checked" before playing your game. Also, be sure the mods you installed don't require FNIS or SKSE, because if they do, well, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. Hope I didn't tell you a bunch of stuff you already knew! :P

Ok i figured outhow to install the mods with mod manager.

But I am still not getting the desired affects with the female body

for the graphics. I chose UNP. Although I have these mods going.

Summer wear

More freckles by Zhoken

Fitness body which I do not see any muscle at all.

Adept skins

body slide + but not sure how to activate that one at all.

UNPC v2

Petrovitch undies

But not sure how to get the full affect lke everyone else is getting when

you all take those awesoem screenshots.

Did you get UNP BBP by Crasher23? That body should be a fun one for you. Also, don't forget things like Coverwomen or Better Females by Bella. Those will make your lady hotter. I use Bella's more makeup feature. I've never use the fitness body. I also don't use the body slider because my girls boobs don't bounce when I use it. It seems to revert my body to CBBE when I do. You do know that the body slider is for the CBBE body, right (unless there's a slider for UNP that I'm unaware of)?  Also, Better Face Gen is great. Finally, I use UNP Replacer Configurator Package. Only activate the mods in the configurator that you already have active, meaning activate all mods before activating and configuring the configurator. Don't forget the skeleton for females. Man, that's a lot of links! Hope I helped! Need more suggestions? Just ask! :cool: Ps, the skeleton goes first.

Edit: Whoops! Forgot about Apachii Hair for you and NPCs. This is the female only version.

But there is still confliction going on.  When I am in the game for a long period like 3 hours or more,

The game gets buggy. I am not sure which appearl types are for cbbe or unp.

I am useing unp Cnfiguration package by Sillumlt

I am also using

Dynamic Vision by  Gopher and Mygoodeye

pure waters

I have removed  Summer wear V2 by RIP88.

Too many problems with that mod.

I actually just installed that mod about an hour ago myself, and I love it! If you use the UNP body, then use the Dimonized body too, which I totally forgot to tell you! :ph34r: Sorry... Put that on right after you install the Unp body, so that's: Female skeleton, UNP BBP body, Dimonized UNP, UNP Replacer config. Also, a quote from Dimon99, splatter.png CTD WHEN USING BIKINIS For those experiencing CTD with bikinis, FIX1 is in the downloads. The Dimonized bikini fix has to be manually installed, so download it to that new folder I told you to make and extract it in that folder. Then you see Main Body and Skinny Body. I'll assume you want Main, so right click on it to "copy" the file and navigate to, and this is another quote, "Place meshes by hand into Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets". When you're in character, right click on character assets and "paste" the data you copied into it. This should all be done before you activate the UNP configurator. Don't forget about Bathing Beauties (or Beefcake) and Classier BB Luxury Suite by RIP88. Those bikinis are a great addition to these mods. Any problems, just ask.

• 2 weeks later...

awfuchdemon, you will have to tell me exactlyhow to do that. A lto of folders andother pathways.

I have a feeling I will put the files somewhere where they will not supposto be. Even if it looks right.

Ifyou installed it then can you post the pathways?

Useing mod manager was not working. This is like

moding HW2 back in the day. But it was a lot easier

to mod.Plus the unp replacer configration package

mod i am useing gets rid of the bronze color. Or the

scragely line all ofer the arms and body.

But that also inquires me to ask, how many mods conflick ? But can be made to un conflict

just by making different patthways? I have not modded since HW2. And we did not have

the option of making other folders to make more then one mod that conflicted with a  nouther mod to work.

This is interesting.

Ok i figured outhow to install the mods with mod manager.

But I am still not getting the desired affects with the female body

for the graphics. I chose UNP. Although I have these mods going.

Summer wear

More freckles by Zhoken

Fitness body which I do not see any muscle at all.

Adept skins

body slide + but not sure how to activate that one at all.

UNPC v2

Petrovitch undies

But not sure how to get the full affect lke everyone else is getting when

you all take those awesoem screenshots.

A lot of the sceenshots are done under ideal lighting circumstances, and with a field of view that is smaller than the default.  Try screenies near torches, forges, and the like.  Open the game console with the ~  (tilde) key, type FOV 40  (for example).  You can free the game camera by typing TFC in the console-hit return/enter, of course, to activate the console command you've just typed.

Sorry, just now saw your post Cynder. Okay! To answer your question, different pathways will not work unless the mod says to install in a folder other than Data. The only pathway I ever use is C:\program files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\. When you open the skyrim folder you'll see the ever important Data folder. Don't open the Data folder. Download Summerwear from here (which you already did), and be sure to get the optional file called bbls. It's in the downloads section. Just click the files tab on the nexus, OR just click the Download (manual) tab at the top to open the available downloads. You'll need the Bathing Beauties (or Beefcake) mod for this to work. Remember to always have a folder created on your desktop to use for extracting purposes. If you don't know how to do that, go to desktop and right click to open a menu. On the menu you'll see "new". Highlight that and click the "folder" option. Name it Skyrim extraction or something easy to recognize, and extract your downloaded mods there. In this case, you'll see a folder called Data pop up after extraction. When you extract the optional bbls file there, you'll see SummerWearBBLS.esp show up. Highlight the "Data" folder you just got, and either copy, or drag and drop into your "Skyrim" folder. It will say there's already a "Data" folder in Skyrim, and ask if you want to merge the two. Click yes. This is the manual way to install this mod. I never use the "Download with manager" option to download anything anymore. I'd rather not post the entire process of manual installation for every mod here. There are tutorials for that. However, if you really want me to teach you the entire process, I will do so through a PM or e-mail, as it is a lot to write and I don't want this thread to be needlessly huge. You should then copy/paste or drag and drop the SummerWearBBLS.esp into the "Data" folder. Data is where every one of your .esp files will go. Before starting your game to test, open your NMM and check the "Plugins" section. Make sure you SummerWearBBLS .esp is "checked". Or, check it in the Skyrim Launcher. When you know that the .esp is checked and active, start your game. Honestly, I don't see why the NMM doesn't install it properly on it's own. In this case, it should. Once you have installed it manually, install it with the manager, too (not the .esp, just the SummerWear mod). Activate it. If it says the mod is already installed, and it asks if you want to overwrite files, click "yes to all". You should then be able to activate/deactivate by using NMM. If it does not ask if you'd like to overwrite the files, but it says "Activated successfully", then your NMM is installing this info in the wrong place, which means you have a problem with your NMM. In that case, either update it, or un/reinstall the NMM. This only sucks if you have a lot of mods in it already. Oh, and be sure you have the most updated version of Skyrim. Any more problems, just ask.  ^_^

Um, also, if your problem has been solved, and you have a hot chick with a perfect body, you can wear the summerwear without issues, and you can take nice screenshots, please remember to mark this problem "solved". Oh, and about your conflicts, a mod will conflict with another mod if the two do essentially the same thing. Example: If you use a mod that gives you a high-res texture on your armor, and then use a mod that makes that same armor more "revealing", then you may end up with either an armor that glitches and changes form before your very eyes, or an armor that simply "isn't there", leaving your body invisible with a floating head and maybe some hands and feet, unless of course the armor covers both. OR, if you use a weather mod that changes snow to look better, and then try to use a mod that turns all of Skyrim into a tropical paradise, complete with clear ponds and green grass, then your game simply won't start at all. Without a doubt. And don't use two different texture mods for the same area, like Whiterun, for example. There are a few different ones for that area alone. If you use a mod that makes Riverwood look better by adding some more trees, flowers and rocks, then use one that adds a basement, the door to the basement may be placed in the same exact place as a rock or tree that was added by the nicer Riverwood mod. The two would then be battling each other to be the one that appears, with the likely chance that neither will win (conflict), which is a real problem if both things added by the mods of choice are designed to be "interactive". That's usually when the game crashes to desktop, or just won't start at all. If you still need help, just ask.

Something to consider. Something else to consider. Both will be crucial if you plan to mod the crap out of Skyrim, like I did. :cool: This will save you from wondering why your newest and coolest-looking mods aren't working. Read the instructions given, instead of thinking you know how to install these. Hundreds of people have asked why their SKSE and FNIS weren't working, until they actually checked out the "readme" files. Please update your status when you get the chance..........

Thank you, pds123 . I do not have my Skyrim installed in it's default destination, but Cynder more than likely did, so that would have been my next advice: Don't install Skyrim to the default destination! It wants to go to your C:\Program files, but I would send it to C:\Games. 

Cynder, if you still check this thread, do not attempt to relocate your game without posting here that you are going to do so! :exclamation: I went through HELL trying to do this properly, and I will steer you safely through the storm if you want to take this route. Keep in mind, this is really only necessary if you use a lot of mods. It's not as complicated as I'm making it sound, but I just want to stress how bad Skyrim can be screwed up if you go at it willy-nilly. It IS, however, a little complicated. You'll have to move your Creation Kit and your actual Steam app as well. Etc. Anyway, I never had a problem before I moved my stuff, and I used hundreds of mods, but I was better safe than sorry when I found out how Windows messes with mods, so I made the move. If you want to play it safe, just say so. I'm here for you man! :) As are the rest of the fine folks of the Lover's Lab!!

Plan B: If you find your game won't work, make sure you exit Steam, "rename" your "steamapps" folder to steamapps_old, run Steam, navigate to "games", "Install game" where you see "Skyrim", notice that the new Steam folder has a working copy ready to go, then relocate the new steamapps folder to your desktop, or a folder of your choosing for safe keeping and back-up purposes. Nav to your "steamapps_old" that you just named, and erase the "_old", leaving you with the original "steamapps" folder. I know it sounds strange, but it worked like a dream come true for me. It appears to refresh the "caches" quickly and easily, assuming you can "quickly" reinstall Skyrim. I can, but not everyone has an Alienware... B)

Edit: In case you don't know what "Vanilla" Skyrim is, it means Skyrim with NO mods. Took me a few days when I started out to figure out what 
"vanilla" even meant, then I just thought of ice cream, and it came right to me...(seriously)

Archived