Is the g1m_import function not working properly?

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to experiment with the g1mtools from vagonumero13 but it seems like a particular function of the tool isn't working properly. The part I'm having trouble with is the g1m_import function, every time I import files to make a new g1m file the outfit doesn't appear in the game. Basically the costume selection screen shows a totally blank space and then the game can't load anymore costumes. I then have to restart the game.

Here is my testing process:

1) Take any random costume mod

2) Put mod in Layer2 folder and then boot up the game to make sure the costume works

3) After confirming the costume works I use the g1m_export function to extract the  ib/.vb files

4) I then use the g1m_import function to import the ib/.vb files I just extracted. I have not edited the files in any way so in theory the new g1m file should be exactly the same as before.

5) Boot up the game to make sure the costume works, it doesn't. I get a blank space in the costume view area and can't select any new costumes.

Am I doing something wrong or is there actually something wrong with the g1mtools?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Which g1m file were you testing?  g1m_tools has been working properly for ages, your steps should work.  

Did g1m_import.exe give you the :

Success!

Press enter to exit

message?

You can also do a quick test by drag the newly modified g1m to g1m_hide.exe. If it is good, you will see the following text in the first line

"This g1m has n submeshes (index 0-n)"

where n is the number of meshes in the g1m file.

All mods I test this on have the same issue, but I'll use this mod as an example: 

Spoiler

I got all those messages you listed in the CMD box. There's definitely submeshes in the g1m file, I've confirmed with the g1m_hide function.

However, I still keep getting the same blank space in character selection and then the game has to restart. I've attached an image below. I've also noticed that the new g1m file is a smaller size of 1.87 mb instead of 1.94 mb, which is the original g1m file size. I've attached those files to this post as well if you want to take a closer look.

If I replace the broken g1m file (1.87 mb) with the original g1m file (1.94 mb) the mod works properly again. This leads me to believe there's a problem with the import function, I can't think of any other explanation unless there's a key step I'm missing. And just to confirm I'm using version 1.2 of the g1mtools.

Bugged.png

KAS_COS_002 (original).g1m KAS_COS_002 (broken and smaller file size).g1m

The possible reason may be that the g1m file have two modified 4d Meshes 0,1. They have been "hide" so have a size of 0. Try again of your steps, but before doing the g1m_import, go into the "KAS_COS_002" folder, and delete files with name " 0.fmt,0.ib,0.vb,0.vgmap,1.fmt,1.ib,1.vb,1.vgmap". In fact, you should delete all meshes that have 0 size ib/vb. These hide meshes may also cause bone weight errors if imported with g1m_import.   

1 hour ago, fgh1t6 said:

delete all meshes that have 0 size ib/vb. These hide meshes may also cause bone weight errors if imported with g1m_import.   

This was the fix! I didn't know that you had to delete certain files after exporting, in this case all the 0 size files had to be deleting BEFORE importing.

Thanks so much for your help! I hope this thread helps others who come across the same issue.