I'll need help with textures when I'm no longer fed up....

I took a break from FONV/Sexout after having it crash too many times in approximately the same places in my quests, forcing me to start new characters over and over, again, who re-played the same stuff over and over until I couldn't stand the sight of the game, anymore.

I uninstalled everything and resolved to start absolutely clean when/if I missed playing, again.  Then, I took an hiatus to play a (sex-free) Skyrim.  The  extremely limited selection of sex mods for that look way too unreliable to me, considering my bad luck even with reliable ones for FONV.

I just tried reinstalling FONV and all of my mods, again, and found it absolutely impossible to convince Sexout to accept BoG's Hi-Rez texture mod.  After playing with nothing but that for years, the vanilla replacer used by Sexout looks like a Barbie knock-off that's sold for a couple of bucks at the Dollar Store to me.  FOMM was apparently not up to the task of installing it over Sexout's default location, for some reason.  I tried to figure out a way to do it manually; but, with the way that the files are organized, now, with meshes here and meshes there, and textures here and textures there, I couldn't do anything but make things look worse.

I don't want to play if the toon looks that fake; and I'm tired, frustrated, and I've got a splitting migraine I've been tolerating in the expectation that, if I could stand it just a little while longer, my efforts would be rewarded.  I feel like putting my fist through the screen, now; but, I think I'll just try to forget FONV, again, for a while.

Sooner or later, unless this community ever starts modding Skyrim, I'll feel like trying this, again.  So, if anyone could please explain how, with the new way the files are organized, I can get BoG Hi-Rez Body Replacer installed over the default nude body files, that would be great.  I already tried FOMM, as the instructions direct.  It gave me no errors, and I found where it installed the files.  Unfortunately, they get ignored because of the ones Sexout provides.  And, I tried unpacking the Sexout - Nudes.BSA and manually swapping out the ones Sexout provided and inserting the ones from BoG, and that just looked ugly.  So... I give up until someone can tell me the secret to making this work.

Thanks for reading my plea for help/exasperated rant.  I'm going to go cool off, now.

*I can't provide a load order, since, in my frustrated rage, I deleted all traces of FONV before it even occurred to me to leave this message.  Load order couldn't possibly matter when I'm not crashing and the mod is a body replacer; but, some as& holes simply live to b#tch sarcastically about load orders missing in these posts, whether they'd matter or not.

You were onto a winning and mildly entertaining post right up to the right sentence which ruined it all. You know what you did? You cut a massive fart in the room, right before you left. That is the equivalent of what is going on here.

"some assholes simply live to bitch sarcastically about load orders missing in these posts" - I guess some assholes must have got together at some point and decided what is important for us to help you solve your problems. Maybe not in all cases, but most of them. But hey, who are we right? 

We're the people who aren't going to help you now, that's who.

Archived