How to Mod: Recommended Guide for total novices?

Take a mod you like and try to read the code. You know what the mod does, try to understand how the code accomplishes that.

Then try to change things and see if they have the intended effect.

A big part of the basegame is also not hardcoded and makes for excellent reference.

I'd recommend VS Code as the code editor, that's pretty much the only tool you need to use apart from graphical modding.

I've always wanted to make my own super seduce mod. Basically a seduce option where at the end your target likes you even more and they get a modifier that says that. Sadly, I haven't seen a mod that does specifically that and uses carnalitas. If anyone could make a step-by-step procedure on how to do it, that would be great.

22 hours ago, bunt776 said:

Take a mod you like and try to read the code. You know what the mod does, try to understand how the code accomplishes that.

Then try to change things and see if they have the intended effect.

A big part of the basegame is also not hardcoded and makes for excellent reference.

I'd recommend VS Code as the code editor, that's pretty much the only tool you need to use apart from graphical modding.

Thank you, I'll try!

Hit a snag:

My game was bought through Xbox Game Pass and it seems I can't access the game files to see what is in them and what notes are in the info files... Anyone have any ideas?

I've tried changing permissions (I had to do this to even find the app folders) but not able to do so.

EDIT:

Answered my own question: https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Modding#Extracting_files_From_Microsoft_Store_version