So I've been doing some xEdit shoot-from-the-hip faux-modding, and got on a track of making convenient horses a required mod for several followers who come with their own horses (ex Recorder, Sofia).  I did this because I was sick of seeing everyone and their uncle have the bog-standard saddle; so I changed the saddle their horses came with for some which are available in C.H.

Additionally I changed the names of the horses for E-pony (Recorders) and Horse (Sofias) to "Wings of Time" (tribute to Epoch from Chrono Trigger) and "Designated Driver" respectively. 

Thing is, those horses are now invisible, aside from their flowing saddles, and though they initially appeared with the chosen saddles; after a time they do not.

And by "they initially appeared" what I mean is the correct saddles appeared floating and functioning as if there was a horse attached.

Anyone know WTF is up with horses?  I also wanted to changed the saddles for the horse placed in by JK's Skyrim to the caparison(s) for their respective holds, but could not figure out how as those horses aren't under the "NON-playable character" section of the mod.