My earphones stopped working :( I may die soon...

R0R0N0

My earphones stopped working today (rest his soul) I've had him for about a year now, he was tough for a cheap £15 jvc earphones.

Anyway I'm having my music withdrawals right now, I'm freaking out! I take the train to uni everyday and it's a real bitch to go on a 1hr+ journey without music, I hate being close to so many people so I tend use my music to forget that I'm there, but now my stupid earphones went and broke :(

I've decided to buy earphones that have braided fiber cabling but I haven't been able to find any online. I remember seeing one in store about 6 months ago but I can't remember the brand.

Does anyone know any earphones that make use of braided fiber cabling?

I don't like those earphones that are weirdly shaped as a way to present some sort of "design" they never fit in/on my ears properly :@

I like the simple earphones, preferably in-ear ones.

Any help is appreciated, if you can recommend good ones, I can even help with any porting requests :angel:

I know the feeling bro. I've had so many earbuds break in the middle of a train ride that I'm seriously considering going out and buy a whole bunch and just use them until it's all gone xD

I'm currently using these: http://www.jr.com/sennheiser/pe/SEN_CX870/ been using it for a couple of months now. A bit on the expensive side for me, but it's AMAZING :D My last earbuds were Apple standard ones and those took a year or so to break. Probably one of the longest time that I've ever had earbuds that didn't break.

Not sure if there is a J&R in Europe but I recommend these and Sennheiser the overall brand. Much better than most. Sony headphones are also alright. I used to have these: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2 but they broke when I biked headfirst against a streetlamp. (Don't ask)

I know the feeling bro. I've had so many earbuds break in the middle of a train ride that I'm seriously considering going out and buy a whole bunch and just use them until it's all gone xD

I'm currently using these: http://www.jr.com/sennheiser/pe/SEN_CX870/ been using it for a couple of months now. A bit on the expensive side for me, but it's AMAZING :D My last earbuds were Apple standard ones and those took a year or so to break. Probably one of the longest time that I've ever had earbuds that didn't break.

Not sure if there is a J&R in Europe but I recommend these and Sennheiser the overall brand. Much better than most. Sony headphones are also alright. I used to have these: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2 but they broke when I biked headfirst against a streetlamp. (Don't ask)

Oh those senheisers look really good, I can probably get it from amazon. I can't use headphones though, my head is big enough as it is so I tend look stupid when I put on headphones.

Hmm I could get those, but I'm really obsessed with braided cabling ever since I started using razer products, my mouse and my pc headsets use braided cabling which feels really strong and easy to untangle.

I have some cheap £1 earphones I brought from back in the day but those just make me feel negative because I keep comparing the quality of sound, I may just have to use those for tomorrow :(

Thanks for the links man.

Oh those senheisers look really good, I can probably get it from amazon. I can't use headphones though, my head is big enough as it is so I tend look stupid when I put on headphones.

Hmm I could get those, but I'm really obsessed with braided cabling ever since I started using razer products, my mouse and my pc headsets use braided cabling which feels really strong and easy to untangle.

I have some cheap £1 earphones I brought from back in the day but those just make me feel negative because I keep comparing the quality of sound, I may just have to use those for tomorrow :(

Thanks for the links man.

No problem :)

Oh and if you really feel up to it, wanna try to do another port?

Another brand I would suggest would be the Logitech UE series. They're braided and I've got two. One was bought 4 years ago and still kicking despite a massive chunk of rubber gone near the plug. The other 2 years ago and still kicking.

Another brand I would suggest would be the Logitech UE series. They're braided and I've got two. One was bought 4 years ago and still kicking despite a massive chunk of rubber gone near the plug. The other 2 years ago and still kicking.

Yes! Yes that's it, they look great! I'm going to have to save up for them but I think it will be worth it.

Thanks man.

Archived