Remove Obesity / Weight Gain

Simple request about either a mod or help for a direct manipulation of the game files to get rid of weight gain/obese trait once and for all.

To be clear, I have nothing against the idea of a lazy, gluttonous bastard dying from too much feasts and pies. However when all of my painfully crafted rulers past their 20s/30s look like whales or are on their way to, even with the best traits and a healthy lifestyle, I'd say screw that and to hell with rEAliSm. Especially when you play as an immortal. Get rid of that crap until the broken game mechanics for gaining/losing weight are reworked, if ever. For my character and the AI ones.

Note that I'm well aware that almost every trait is tied to a gain/loss of weight, coupled to the multiple modifiers either tied to events or whatever. While a great idea in theory, most of the justifications/values neither make sense to me nor are balanced enough. Consequence: a character with many traits, even just the positive ones, will almost inevitably end up unable to move other than in a wheelbarrow, shortly before shoking on their own fat.

Please just tell me what I need to change in the game files so I don't have to constantly use the console commands/cheats to make rulers look great again.

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, SamIAmHam said:

There's mods for it on the Steam Workshop already.

A more complete answer would be really welcome.

In cas you mean the "remove weight / obese" mods, they haven't been updated for weeks and look like all but dead.

5 hours ago, Nas00 said:

A more complete answer would be really welcome.

In cas you mean the "remove weight / obese" mods, they haven't been updated for weeks and look like all but dead.

Just because they haven't been updated doesn't mean they need to or don't work. My own mod hasn't been updated, but it doesn't need to be since PDox hasn't changed the file I altered. It's the same case with the weight loss/gain/removal mods.

check out 10_health_values.txt in game\common\script_values

it defines base weight, which forms the starting value for target weight (character_weight_target_value later in the same file)

you can muck with the modifier it applies based on a variety of conditions.

this may not be all that's needed, I have not been thorough, just took a quick look.

11 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

Just because they haven't been updated doesn't mean they need to or don't work. My own mod hasn't been updated, but it doesn't need to be since PDox hasn't changed the file I altered. It's the same case with the weight loss/gain/removal mods.

I know that, but the thing is that I've tried them and they didn't work, at least for me.

1 hour ago, Nas00 said:

I know that, but the thing is that I've tried them and they didn't work, at least for me.

Well I don't know what to tell you since any other mod will alter the same files they do. I've had exactly 1 character go obese due to always feasting using the decision for Debauchery in Crusader Kings mod.

12 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Sounds like it's a problem with how you're playing the game because I've never had a fat ruler. Been holding too many feasts?

Nah, I live a healthy style. As I said in the OP I understand the concept of obesity if one holds too many feasts. My gripe is more with the traits and how they contribute to weight gain/loss. A lazy, gluttonous, gregarious character becoming fat is absolutely okay. Not one with the athletic, temperate and content traits.

Here are how traits add to target weight (the post isn't mine):

Weight gain:

Gluttonous +50
Lazy +35
Comfort Eater +25
Drunkard +20
Hashishiyah +20
Gregarious +20

Greedy +15
Calm +15

Trusting +15
Patient +10
Arrogant +10
Ambitious +10

Reveler_1 +5
Reveler_2 +10
Reveler_3 +15

Intrigue or Diplomacy Lifestyle +10

Feast +7

Weight loss:

Shy -10
Humble -10
Zealous -10
Craven -10
Temperate -10
Impatient -15
Content -15
Fickle -15
Vengeful -15
Generous -15
Diligent -20*
Wrathful -20
Paranoid -35
Inappetetic -50

Athletic adds a 0.8 modifier. Temperate and diligent a 0.9. Not clear if total weight or weight gain or if the effects stack.

Martial Lifestyle ±10 depending on if you're under or overweight.

Hunting -4

The bold in red are absolutely baffling and I can't find any reasonable explanation as to why on earth these traits induce that much of a gain weight. So if you have a ruler living a diplomatic lifestyle (+10) with the following traits:

Temperate -10

Diligent -20

Calm +15

Ambitious +10

Patient +10

Trusting +15

Fickle -15

Stress trait: Athletic

Add to that 1 feast and 1 Hunt for good measure.

-10-20+15+15+10+15-15+7-4+10=18

Let's say the modfiers from diligent/temperate and athletic traits stack and reduce the overall weight gain:

18*0.9*0.8*0.8=ca. 12

So you're already at +12 weight target for a ruler with mostly positive traits and who's living a healthy lifestyle.

No, to me the weight balance is screwed, and I don't have the time or energy to micro-manage every single family member. I'll temper directly with game files and get rid of the problem once and for all.

7 hours ago, thuggins said:

check out 10_health_values.txt in game\common\script_values

it defines base weight, which forms the starting value for target weight (character_weight_target_value later in the same file)

you can muck with the modifier it applies based on a variety of conditions.

this may not be all that's needed, I have not been thorough, just took a quick look.

I might do just that. Many thanks for the advice.

• 1 month later...