Is there a way to override dna trait configurations using script?

Hi, all!

I know that beauty traits work by adjusting looks according certain pre-configured limits under common/ethnicities.

The question is - is there a way to change those limits dynamically?

What I was thinking is a ~simple~ "beauty queen" mod where I could personally tag characters that I think pretty as "beauty queens" enforcing DNA engine to follow different, dynamically adjusted template.

And another question - are those beauty limits hardcoded or they will morph when different ethnicities with same beauty trait mix?

Thank You all for the help answering this in advance!

/xs

1. according to the code, beauty trait simply changes the skin texture of the characters to a beauty specific skin texture. it does not edit the morphs (character mesh)

2. on the other hand, ugly trait (especially the worst one) does change the character mesh. Specifically, based on the code, ugly trait shifts all values up by a signifcant notch (cant recall the exact value) thats why ugly character look kind of bloated/distended

3. i have only skimmed character creation slightly. Although im not exactly sure how, there ought to be a way to CONSISTENTLY add characters based on a set of dna morphs since main characters like matilda always look the same - it would be interesting to know if genghis khan always look the same as i know where the code for him is and can go look deeper if you get back to me on that.

4 - no idea about the hardcoding. i dont think anyone has been able to create a script that decrypts the dna code into a format that allows us to create character templates out of them so far but would be nice to have that.

1 minute ago, luffyboy said:

1. according to the code, beauty trait simply changes the skin texture of the characters to a beauty specific skin texture. it does not edit the morphs (character mesh)

2. on the other hand, ugly trait (especially the worst one) does change the character mesh. Specifically, based on the code, ugly trait shifts all values up by a signifcant notch (cant recall the exact value) thats why ugly character look kind of bloated/distended

3. i have only skimmed character creation slightly. Although im not exactly sure how, there ought to be a way to CONSISTENTLY add characters based on a set of dna morphs since main characters like matilda always look the same - it would be interesting to know if genghis khan always look the same as i know where the code for him is and can go look deeper if you get back to me on that.

4 - no idea about the hardcoding. i dont think anyone has been able to create a script that decrypts the dna code into a format that allows us to create character templates out of them so far but would be nice to have that.

Are You sure about that?

# Source: game\common\ethnicities\01_ethnicities_east_african.txt

gene_eye_depth = {
    0 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { 0.25 0.35 }    }
    0 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { 0.35 0.45 }    }
    10 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { 0.45 0.5 }    }
    20 = { name = eye_depth_pos    range = { 0.5 0.55 }    }
    20 = { name = eye_depth_pos    range = { 0.55 0.65 }    }
    10 = { name = eye_depth_pos    range = { 0.65 0.75 }    }

#Beauty Section
    0 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { @beauty1min @beauty1max }    traits = { beauty_1 }    }
    0 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { @beauty2min @beauty2max }    traits = { beauty_2 }    }
    0 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { @beauty3min @beauty3max }    traits = { beauty_3 }    }
}

Also pregenerated morphs for characters can be found here:

* game\common\dna_data\00_dna.txt

* game\common\dna_data\01_easteregg_dna.txt

5 minutes ago, xlvs said:

Are You sure about that?

# Source: game\common\ethnicities\01_ethnicities_east_african.txt

gene_eye_depth = {
    0 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { 0.25 0.35 }    }
    0 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { 0.35 0.45 }    }
    10 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { 0.45 0.5 }    }
    20 = { name = eye_depth_pos    range = { 0.5 0.55 }    }
    20 = { name = eye_depth_pos    range = { 0.55 0.65 }    }
    10 = { name = eye_depth_pos    range = { 0.65 0.75 }    }

#Beauty Section
    0 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { @beauty1min @beauty1max }    traits = { beauty_1 }    }
    0 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { @beauty2min @beauty2max }    traits = { beauty_2 }    }
    0 = { name = eye_depth_neg    range = { @beauty3min @beauty3max }    traits = { beauty_3 }    }
}

Also pregenerated morphs for characters can be found here:

* game\common\dna_data\00_dna.txt

* game\common\dna_data\01_easteregg_dna.txt

oooof haha i stand corrected Apologies.. i did not realize beauty actually did more than just change complexion. apologies. i thought i knew the code decently well as i have been poking around traits, modifers, effects, events quite a bit the last few days. never thought to look at ethnicities

3 hours ago, luffyboy said:

All of the beauty/ugly traits have morphs attached to them. There are replacement textures at work as well. In my beauty trait mod fix, I commented out the morph from working when you have the beauty traits. Here's a visual representation of what the morph looks like. It's NSFW due to hideousness.

The first one is with the morph enabled. The second has no morph. It's the same DNA for the same character.

Redhead.jpg

My Usual Portrait.jpg

43 minutes ago, SamIAmHam said:

All of the beauty/ugly traits have morphs attached to them. There are replacement textures at work as well. In my beauty trait mod fix, I commented out the morph from working when you have the beauty traits. Here's a visual representation of what the morph looks like. It's NSFW due to hideousness.

The first one is with the morph enabled. The second has no morph. It's the same DNA for the same character.

Could You clarify Your findings - do morph setittings alter only visual representation? What happens when I disable the morph settings - will it alter the dna sequence that will get inherited?

Just now, xlvs said:

Could You clarify Your findings - do morph setittings alter only visual representation? What happens when I disable the morph settings - will it alter the dna sequence that will get inherited?

They alter the visual representation and do not alter the DNA strings. What happens is that the morph is applied to the current DNA string with zero changes. The standard DNA inheritance applies.

23 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

They alter the visual representation and do not alter the DNA strings. What happens is that the morph is applied to the current DNA string with zero changes. The standard DNA inheritance applies.

That's really good to know! Thanks a lot!