adding custom hair mods to Custom races ?

shedidwhat

Im wanting to add some more hairs to this race mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32372

most hair tutorials only show how to change hairs of NPC's

but cant find any good tutorials for adding support for mods like SGHairs, ZZhairs, esc,ect

to custom standalone races.

I love standalone mods but not when they only give you a few hair choices.

I want to learn how to do this in the CK not character edit program

Thanks for any hints, tricks, guidance or links you can give.

You can just use the CK or Tes5Edit and add the hairs to the races esp. You'd probably want to use Tes5Edit for this since it's easier to identify a mistake when you make one. It's under the reference hairs of course. It's just a matter of adding the ids of the hairs you want with tesedit and updating the masters to the custom hair mod of your choice (Tes5Edit will ask you if you want to automatically).

yea I know I can use the CK thats what I am asking about.. how to

as for Tes5Edit, I'm not seeing anything about Reference Hairs

(looking at other mods like zzjays epic elfs Im not seeing anything

about Reference hairs there either)

OR are you saying I have to add the custom Race ID ( HalfDryadElfRace "Half Dryad-Elf" [RACE:04000D8E] )

to the ApachiiHairFemales.esm with Tes5Edit ?

eg1.png

This shows you which races can use each hair.

eg2.png

This one shows you the race ID for a custom race. Just make sure they match up if you want specific hairs on specific races.

e.g. If you want Beasts to use human hairs You just mark the hairs as available to beasts.

If you want a non Human, Mer or beast, custom race to use hairs marked for those races. Just mark it as human, mer or beast so It will have the hairs available to them. You wont have to mark masters if you do this.

But you can also take a hair from say Apachii and place it in your Headpart reference and mark it as an available hair for said race. You'll have to mark Apachii as a master though. A lot of custom companions do this.

• 9 months later...

Hey Cornbreadtm I was wondering how to do this myself how exactly do I mark hairs to be used by man, mer, or beast?

Specifically I'm wanting to do this to The Lungaris, A rabbit like race here http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37870/? since the hairs they currently can use are VERY few indeed. I've asked the author about it via e-mail but no answer yet. I won't upload it anywhere unless the author gives me permission to do so or does it him/herself. I only intend to do this for myself to enhance their appearance for my game again unless the author wishes for me to upload the variation or does so him/herself.

So if any of you know how to use Tes5edit to do this, could you be as specific in detail  on how to do this as possible, so I may add Apachii skyhair to the mod I specified please and thank you. Again detail is important as otherwise I/or anyone wanting to do this could cause damage to their games/system/mod otherwise. Thanks again. Sorry if my post is confusing I'll try to simplify it when/if asked.

Edit: Also when you mentioned marking the custom race as man, mer, or beast did you mean go to that custom races (Race) drop down in TES5edit and replace say Rabbitrace and change it either on the left or right side to one of the above? Sorry if that's confusing, but I need to know what you meant Cornbread. I supplied a picture if you need visual of what I spoke of.

Edit2: (Off Topic) Is there an official crash/debug log for Skyrim now? And I don't mean papyrus logging it isn't a crash log although it can SOMETIMES help. I want an actual crash log cause I could use one badly myself so when my game CTDs on a load screen I can pinpoint the cause fast and easy. Please don't suggest papyrus logging I've already got it on, again I'm after an actual crash log and someone should've made one by now I'd hope.

Sorry about going off topic but I wanted/needed to ask that.

post-286466-0-52360400-1389239841_thumb.png

Archived