Opposite gender animations and TBBP/BBP...

Sunja44

Ok, my problem is the following (and I am totally sick of that, I have to add):

- I love my housecarls Lydia, Iona, Jordis, Rayya, Lydia is even my spouse, but I can't get rid of their freaking male animations

-There are three BBP mods out there I know:

- CHSBHC BBP

- UNBP BBP

- TBBP

while CHSBHC works with CBBE 3.2 and the Caliente BBP bodyslide option, the better BBP effect (at least in my eyes) of UNBP BBP and Dragonflys (truly overwhelming) TBBP does not work at all for my housecarls, because they use the male animation path by default and the UNBP BBP and TBBP effect is based on the female animation path. I just went for three hours through the installation procedure of all necessary TBBP files and was about to throw my rig out of the window as I watched Serana (default female animation path) move nicely like a model on the catwalk with eyecandy jiggling boobs and my other housecarls were standing around as always, bulky and straddle-legged and no BBP effect at all for them.

In the past I really tried everything to change the animation path for the housecarls, I installed UFO -> no effect, I installed a special mod that promises to alter this -> no effect, I used my Apachii NPC Hair Overhaul .esp file to uncheck the "Use opposite Gender Animation" box and placed the .esp almost last in my load order (only followed by RCRNv36 and some lighting and weather immersion effect mods, that shouldn't overwrite any change to actor animations at all) -> no freaking effect.  

Is there really no known method to alter this "ingenious" feature of Bethesda AFTER you met the housecarls ingame? is this shit really for ever baked into your save game?

Doesn't work. The mod explicitly tells that you have to activate it before you met the NPCs in game. Sadly I do not have such an old save anymore. The animation is baked into my saved games...

I guess I have to start a new game to ever watch Lydia walk like a woman...

The guy from Bethesda, who had the idea for this ingenious feature, should die a painfull death.

You could just give males Female animations. And I'm pretty sure the guy didn't Die or loose his job, since some Male npcs in the Dragonborn DLC use female animations...

I had that idea too, just switching the .hkx files from one folder to another, and it would be a not bad solution, if we are just talking about bouncing breasts, but the whole additional animation features that come along with the UNBP BBP and TBBP effect (exaggerated catwalk style), that look well concerning females, would look pretty disturbing for males and a male player character, in the eyes of an heterosexual player :-)

I have another idea too and maybe I try that once. There are mods out there who change player characters and NPCs to a custom race. I never fiddled around with such mods and there will be a lot of work to find the right ones and installing them, but maybe this will solve the problem. I would be totally pleased to do this only for my four female housecarls, the rest of Skyrim might move around as they want to.

Problems with animated BBP effects at moment are two:

-the really well made BBP effects come along with additional - and I have to say truly well done - animations (catwalk style, exaggerated feminine movements) and they use the default animation path. CSHBHC at least works, the mod author has somehow made his mod, that the BBP effect will show up even with opposite gender animations checked.

-to allow a game code to eternally bake such important things like gender animations into saved games is a really bad thing, concerning the fact that you open your game code to a modder community to fiddle around with everything in a game.

I am back to CHSBHC BBP. At least the whole installation procedure of TBBP made some sense, I found Bodyslide++ (I formerly used the normal Bodyslide version) and lots of new sliders. At last I have a slider for nipple length and - most important - the "apple cheek slider", where you are able to increase the "buttom height" without altering the hip, thigh or waist size :-)

Small update:

cornbreadtm actually brought me to the idea, that baking opposite gender animations into saved games, might be reversed vice versa.

I switched the female animation files under  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations into the male folder and started Skyrim in the hope that I could bake the female animation settings for my housecarls into my saved game so that they will persist. I payed attention to my .esp files and whichever .esp does come along with actor traits, I unchecked the box for opposite gender animations. before I saved the game I switched the cell a few times (interior->exterior->interior).

Actually I was glad to watch Lydia, Iona, Jordis and Rayya walking like women the first time in their life, but the animation did not persist in the saved game. After switching the male animation .hkx files back into the appropriate folder, and loading the save, everything was as before.

Ok, but this was evidence, that my saved game actually does not "bake in" the animations theirselves, but only the animation root/path that points to the male/opposite gender animations of my housecarls.

To truly have tried everything, I would like to do that for the appropriate animation path/root skeleton.hkx file too, maybe this will persist.

Any idea where I will find it? which folder?

Sorry, I have some knowledge about meshes and texture files and their file structure, but I am pretty clueless concerning animations and skeleton files. I found some skeleton.hkx files in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets (skeleton.hkx)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female (skelton_female.hkx)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\characters (defaultmale.hkx)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\characters female (defaultfemale.hkx)

No idea which are the ones to replace...

I once resurrected Lydia as she was accidentally killed and I had not set her to "essential" (at that time I had no idea what "essential" actually is...) -> no animation change, but as Lydia is my spouse, the resurrection killed the whole marriage quest stuff. It lasted a while and took lots of google using to find a solution for this problem. It's possible to remarry and I did that and almost all dialog options and powers like Lover's comfort are there again, but the merchant script/quest remained broken til today.

I guess starting a new game is the way to go. When shall the new legendary level system actually go live, any eta known?

Bah, I just realized the new box in my skill/perk menu, its already live...

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived