CK3 - Localization Question

I'm hung up on one problem presently. I cannot get my localization file to be read apparently by the game.

I've verified that it's UTF-8-BOM, and I've tried by both creating the localization from scratch, and then from copying over one from the main game, and simply editing it.

No matter what, when I view the decision I'm testing in the game, I see the non-localization names.

For example, my localization, UTF-8-BOM, decisions_dark_world.yml file has the following line.

l_english:
  darkworld_test_decision:0 "Dark World Test"

The decision I've got, which works fine in the game, minus the localization, is called darkworld_test_decision.

When I view the decisions in the game, it's showing up as darkworld_test_decision instead of Dark World Test.

I've tried it in a localization > english folder, and in just localization.

I'm positive I'm just overlooking something simple, but in comparing it with another mod, I'm just missing it.

4 hours ago, Bimbobag said:

Does your filename end with "_l_<language>.yml".

for example 

"darkworldtest_l_english.yml"

also the zero after the key in 

darkworld_test_decision:0 "Dark World Test"

is not needed. https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1039175213773144066

Thank you very much for the assistance. It was indeed because the file didn't end in _l_english.

Nice to know that the 0 isn't needed either. I was simply copying what I saw in their vanilla files and in a couple mods, and without the ck3 wiki entry having anything yet, I just went with what I saw elsewhere.

3 hours ago, kingofmemes said:

Make sure you have the path in the .mod file - I had a similar problem trying to overwrite some vanilla loc and what fixed it was adding the line

path="C:/Users/USERNAME/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod/MODNAME"

after the supported version line. 

I appreciate the recommendation. Thankfully I at least already had the path field in place.

On 9/5/2020 at 6:50 AM, dewguru said:

Thank you very much for the assistance. It was indeed because the file didn't end in _l_english.

The "_l_english" does not need to be at the end. From what I have noticed, it can be anywhere in the name of the file.

For instance, I have a file named "traits_l_english_cc_traits.yml" and it loads perfectly.