Sims Reaction To Sex Issue

Since I've recently reset my WW settings to default, I seem to be having an issue when my Sim engages in sex with someone when other Sims are around. It has to do with their reactions and happens every time. I did change a couple of minor settings from the default and I'm not sure if I screwed something up.

I'll try to be detailed without turning this into a novel. When my Sim asks another one for sex in a room occupied with other Sims, my Sim will start having sex but then every Sim in the room will immediately stop whatever it is that they're doing and go idle for a millisecond. All Sims will stand up if they're sitting. All Sims will stop conversations if they're talking to someone. All Sims will stop eating and their plate will be on the floor at their feet. Every single one of them stands and goes idle for a very brief moment and then everything resumes.

This doesn't happen when I have a couple of NPC sims engage in sex. Everything flows smoothly. It's only when MY sim does it.

I'm not sure if maybe my reaction times to sex are set too quickly or what the issue could be. Before I changed my settings, I used to have this happen but only occasionally. Now it's every time without fail.

It's not game-breaking but it IS distracting and I would like to smooth things out a bit more and try to minimize NPC sims from doing that. As always, any help and insight would be very much appreciated.

So, I've been playing around trying to adjust things on my own and I think I've helped the situation somewhat. I had the "Sex Joining Maximum Distance" set fairly high. I was intending for a larger radius for awareness. I set that back to default. My thoughts on that was that I was possibly  jolting a larger volume of Sims with a message about a sex situation and maybe the game was telling me "nope".

I also had the "Random Solo Sex Probability" bumped up as well so I also set that back to default. I'm not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree on that setting. But between the two, I'm not seeing the issues I've been having (as much). Those are the only two settings I changed from default that I could find.

Once again, I'm not entirely sure if either of these settings really has anything to do with it but I have noticed a difference. It's all kind of guesswork on my part as I'd really like to get this sorted out and I'm kind of grasping at straws right now.