CK3 Wiki

Looks like blender may work with stellaris? probably not 3ds max. I never was a fan of Maya. So it's likely that blender may eventually be usable for ck3 but it could be awhile.

Edit: Also my 3dsmax is like from 2010. So they wouldn't make the inporter/exporter for something that old any ways. It costed as much as a car back then....

42 minutes ago, Untolddead said:

Thanks was just looking at the files. looks like they use one mesh and then use blends to make the different body types from what I see. I'll read the wiki now though

Sigh. I only have 3ds max so it'll be a pain.

4 minutes ago, Untolddead said:

Looks like blender may work with stellaris? probably not 3ds max. I never was a fan of Maya. So it's likely that blender may eventually be usable for ck3 but it could be awhile.

It shows that you can use Blender. I'm not a modeler so this is out of my realm.

I make models using blender for 3D printing, but I've never used Maya, does anyone know if it has the same converting aspects that Blender does? And if someone wanted to get wild there are large banks of Blender models in all sorts of forms, only thing that would really need to be edited would be the clothing and maybe textures.

Linda Model.jpg

8 hours ago, sicko said:

Any word yet on if animation modding is feasible? Big news if sex etc can be animated in events

I'd look at using an idle or pose animation for the character perhaps. I know you can change it based on traits, like for example if a female is pregnant they rest a hand on their belly. Obviously main traits change how they stand too but so can minor or temporary ones.

So you could set a sex event trait perhaps and have that change their pose which is animated in itself. Then all you'd need to do is position them in the event correctly, hopefully.

2 hours ago, Zanan said:

I'd look at using an idle or pose animation for the character perhaps. I know you can change it based on traits, like for example if a female is pregnant they rest a hand on their belly. Obviously main traits change how they stand too but so can minor or temporary ones.

So you could set a sex event trait perhaps and have that change their pose which is animated in itself. Then all you'd need to do is position them in the event correctly, hopefully.

I think that won't be necessary, there are special animations that can be coded separatedly, I would be more afraid of the fact that it looks like one character is always "behind" the other which would limit which scenes could be animated tbh

So keeping everyone updated and in the know

Adding more units, and he/she plans different models on the map:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2217421068

That might come in handy for map based sex 'battles' ;) Cultural conversion of a different sort perhaps?

21 hours ago, rhipeen said:

I think that won't be necessary, there are special animations that can be coded separatedly, I would be more afraid of the fact that it looks like one character is always "behind" the other which would limit which scenes could be animated tbh

That's good news. I am sure i've seen some side by side, like birth from a lover for example. Both the real father and the husband are side by side.

*Edit if a single character has to be in the foreground, that character can be invisible or a pixel for example, while the actual characters are behind it.