Issues With Devious Devices/SD+

So, I downloaded a bit over 50 mods and got them all working. My computer is beefy, so that isn't the issue. My issue is that whenever I have SD+, it requires multiple forms of devious devices, but those keep making my game start on crashup. I am using the Vortex launcher, but it says there are no conflicting files. I'm wondering if I installed it wrong or something along those lines. Another mod causing my startup crashes is SL defeat and I'm not sure why. I have all the mods it says it requires, but it just won't work.

Devious Devices Assets, Integration, Expansion, and ZAZ installed afterwards SDPlus should work fine.

If it crashes it must be because you replaced a file needed for any mod with that of other mod or your skyrim installation is being bothered by antivirus windows uac etc

Alternatively try installing less mods... defeat should not make crash your skyrim neither... some mod must be giving a conflict.

Asumming you used loot too.

19 minutes ago, tabloides said:

Devious Devices Assets, Integration, Expansion, and ZAZ installed afterwards SDPlus should work fine.

If it crashes it must be because you replaced a file needed for any mod with that of other mod or your skyrim installation is being bothered by antivirus windows uac etc

Alternatively try installing less mods... defeat should not make crash your skyrim neither... some mod must be giving a conflict.

Asumming you used loot too.

I'll try what you mentioned in a second, but what do you mean by used loot? I'm new to modding skyrim and have been trying to figure it all out 

8 minutes ago, tabloides said:

LOOT. Actually don´t know if LOOT is also used in the special edition... :/ it is just a tool which sorts the load order of mods.

Yeah, I just searched up LOOT and I don't have it. I am currently trying to set it up. But yeah, I will try fixing the load order. Also, for other mods, whenever an explicit scene triggers, no animation is played. The player and npc just phase into each other for a bit, then it just stops. Would you happen to know what that is about?

Did you use FNIS?

Check if anims are registered in the mcm menus.

If yes then no idea. Probably mod interfering with each other again... it happened to me a few times when mods were faulty. Solved by installing in different order without replacing files needed as dependencies.

Sorry for the waiting in the answer. I am trying to install defeat correctly too as we write each other.

4 hours ago, tabloides said:

Did you use FNIS?

Check if anims are registered in the mcm menus.

If yes then no idea. Probably mod interfering with each other again... it happened to me a few times when mods were faulty. Solved by installing in different order without replacing files needed as dependencies.

Sorry for the waiting in the answer. I am trying to install defeat correctly too as we write each other.

No worries, and fair enough, I hope it works better for you than it does for me. Also, I have found out how to fix the animations, but I came across another issue. My characters are now in a permanent T-Pose animation and I have tried so many things and can't fix it. Do you have any ideas for it?

Hmmm... I got the T-Pose problem before... I just made sure to install and use loot and fnis correctly in their respective folders with administrative privilege's making sure no antivirus or protection function would bother them.  I had also reinstalled mods but not sure...

If using fnis does not fix it... I don´t know. Probably some other normal issue like mods with dependency not having the dependency etc 

This T-Pose happened right now to me with animals and one npc. The animals issue was fixed running fnis. The npc issue was fixed after loading save game again. 

Note: My defeat install seems to be working for me finally yay. ? But I am in LE not SE

2 hours ago, tabloides said:

Hmmm... I got the T-Pose problem before... I just made sure to install and use loot and fnis correctly in their respective folders with administrative privilege's making sure no antivirus or protection function would bother them.  I had also reinstalled mods but not sure...

If using fnis does not fix it... I don´t know. Probably some other normal issue like mods with dependency not having the dependency etc 

This T-Pose happened right now to me with animals and one npc. The animals issue was fixed running fnis. The npc issue was fixed after loading save game again. 

Note: My defeat install seems to be working for me finally yay. ? But I am in LE not SE

The issue may be that defeat is only for LE and not SE? Who knows. Anyway, I've got that all fixed up, big thanks to your help! But I have one last issue that needs resolving. When I go to play animations, they just phase into each other. I hear the audio, but there is no animation. They just morph into one, stand there for a bit, then just go their separate ways. Do you know how to fix this?

8 hours ago, nolanheck8@gmail.com said:

The issue may be that defeat is only for LE and not SE? Who knows. Anyway, I've got that all fixed up, big thanks to your help! But I have one last issue that needs resolving. When I go to play animations, they just phase into each other. I hear the audio, but there is no animation. They just morph into one, stand there for a bit, then just go their separate ways. Do you know how to fix this?

Not right now... someone else will need to give you advice regarding that... Sorry!

Hey! So I have both of these working with Special Edition with no issues, though since both were part of the regular edition and got ported over, you have to be extremely careful to not accidentally get a non-se version for any of the requirements and assets or else the game will crash.

Here is the master list of SE ported mods, and their current status: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94228-sse-conversion-tracking-aug-16-5532/? 

It also has the links for the SE versions and some tips for getting it to work. Also when running FNIS, make sure and check the compatibility check(third option I believe) and make sure you are not getting any errors of mismatched versions of animations. If you do, then you accidentally downloaded an animation for the old version of skyrim. (note: looking at your last comment, it does seem like your animations did not comple correctly, so definitely check those animations in FNIS)

Here is also a link to Loot: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1918 It is great for helping order your mods and checks for some basic issues, and great for beginners! 

If you get hung up on FNIS or Loot there is some great tutorials on Youtube that walk through each program in detail. :) 

Edit: Here is a tutorial link for FNIS, it walks through setting it up, checking for common issues(t-poses, animations not loading, etc), and walks through both Vortex and MO2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYEAnTdZb-s&t=318s

On 8/18/2020 at 8:36 PM, Kakasholin said:

Hey! So I have both of these working with Special Edition with no issues, though since both were part of the regular edition and got ported over, you have to be extremely careful to not accidentally get a non-se version for any of the requirements and assets or else the game will crash.

Here is the master list of SE ported mods, and their current status: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94228-sse-conversion-tracking-aug-16-5532/? 

It also has the links for the SE versions and some tips for getting it to work. Also when running FNIS, make sure and check the compatibility check(third option I believe) and make sure you are not getting any errors of mismatched versions of animations. If you do, then you accidentally downloaded an animation for the old version of skyrim. (note: looking at your last comment, it does seem like your animations did not comple correctly, so definitely check those animations in FNIS)

Here is also a link to Loot: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1918 It is great for helping order your mods and checks for some basic issues, and great for beginners! 

If you get hung up on FNIS or Loot there is some great tutorials on Youtube that walk through each program in detail. :) 

Edit: Here is a tutorial link for FNIS, it walks through setting it up, checking for common issues(t-poses, animations not loading, etc), and walks through both Vortex and MO2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYEAnTdZb-s&t=318s

Thanks a ton for the in depth explanation! I'll get back to you if I had any issues after trying out your suggestions!

• 3 years later...

FIXED - I have similar problem when start game DD ,It's crash! Because the mod load order,  I sort the required mod follow the list on DD -> start FNIS -> open body slide -> nemesis => It work!