[Twine] Untitled Lewd Sci-Fi Game (v0.0.1)

Hello there!

This is a (very) early build of my new Twine game. I am planning frequent updates, so be sure to check back in every once in a while.

Play game: https://dodeca-hedral.itch.io/ulsfg

Track progress on Trello board: https://trello.com/b/WWcc2YUl/untitled-lewd-sci-fi-game

Introduction

The year is 2246. Earth's world government, the Democratic Federation, is locked in battle with the Centauri, a humanoid intelligent life form (HILF) from the planet Alpha Centauri. You have been awoken from a simulation of the year 2020, designed specifically to prepare you for the unique climate of the Interstellar War. How exactly it prepared you isn't clear, but what is clear is that you may be humanity's only hope.

Gameplay

The game is a text-based, story-driven RPG featuring turn-based combat and an open world to explore. I am trying to make the game as non-linear as possible, really giving the player freedom to interact with the world of the 23rd century.

Character Builds

There are 4 stats that the player has direct control over: Strength, Agility, Mental, and Charisma. There is a fifth stat that is, in part, based off the other four: Sex Appeal. I will get into how it is calculated later, but these 5 stats determine what kind of build your character is.

Story [SPOILERS]

Spoiler

Throughout the game you will be faced with choices that will help either the DemFed or the Rebellion. There are other actions you can take of your own volition as well, including outfit choices and socialization options. Story themes will include gray morality and political intrigue.

Sex Appeal

As this is a lewd game, sex appeal plays a massive role in gameplay. There is already an outfit system implemented and NPCs will react to your clothes (or lack thereof). Sex appeal is calculated using your character's stats and outfit, and will play a role in combat as well.

So, what's already implemented?

For the latest progress, check the Trello board at the top of this post. As of version 0.0.1, most of the RPG features and world exploration are working, along with a rough introduction. The outfit system is fully implemented, but will be added on to later.

New for v0.0.1, a combat event will trigger once when your character's strength stat is over 7 and you sleep.

Known Bugs (as of v0.0.1)

There is no cap on player stats. This is partly for testing purposes, but also because the stats screen was programmed completely differently from the rest of the game and I haven't taken a good look at it yet. :P

Buying items/clothes is slightly broken. Everything works behind the scenes, but the UI doesn't update right away.

The player's money can go negative. Again, this is mostly for testing purposes, as the economy is nowhere near balanced.

Feel free to leave comments, suggestions, bug reports, etc.

19 minutes ago, Falco1138 said:

Got what seemed like an endless loop when my hunger reached 0 overnight and it just loops the "Your hunger has reached 0. Luckily, you have some snacks with you. Return" and the inventory screen which also says return, right back to the hunger message.

Ah, I see. This is caused by sleeping lowering hunger by 30 but the snacks only increasing it by 20. I updated it with a fix that doesn't let you sleep if your hunger is under 30, along with a few extra updates :)

Correction to the starting introduction: The voyager 1 probe is already the first interstellar object launched by humans. It entered interstellar space in August 2012. It still transmits and receives data from Earth. Though it's expected to run out of power in 2025. Maybe the Explorer can be specified as the interstellar part being its main objective unlike Voyager which was mainly to look at planets within the solar system, but also went outside the solar system.

21 minutes ago, whateverdontcare said:

Correction to the starting introduction: The voyager 1 probe is already the first interstellar object launched by humans. It entered interstellar space in August 2012. It still transmits and receives data from Earth. Though it's expected to run out of power in 2025. Maybe the Explorer can be specified as the interstellar part being its main objective unlike Voyager which was mainly to look at planets within the solar system, but also went outside the solar system.

Thanks, I'll correct that in the next update. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Release v0.0.1:

Added a few locations, including the Kaya'aa province on Alpha Centauri. Right now, all it houses is the new combat event.

NEW combat event: When your character's strength stat reaches 7, either through genetic modification or training, the next time your character sleeps the event will trigger in the morning.