Killtastic! issue

Geez...sorry if I'm creating too many threads around here,but since this can be related to another mods, I decided to create this.

Well I installed killtastic recently and tried it,but the camera froze and nothing would happen,I manually closed the game (ctrl alt del),and when I started again the main menu was absurdly weird,when I click to load the game nothing happens until I click esc,the mouse stays hidden and I have to find my way to ''continue'' from the last save,however it won't go beyond the 100% loaded screen,and I have again to close the game manually.

My load order is ok,including lovers,esms and other mods,I think that the mod altered the Oblivion.ini when I used the spell and shooted,but since the camera didn't behave well and neither the shot ended,it's possible that the changes weren't disabled.

I tried of course to deactivate and activate the mod again but no results,it may be due to some error towards the skeletons/1st person,but since this includes the main menu I really doubt it.

Thanks in advance.

You found and used a 2 year old plugin so it doesn't surprise me that it jacked up your game.  You really need to be careful on what you install and on making backups prior to installing questionable plugins (especially stuff that contains scripting to jack with your player camera).  Make sure you deleted all items from this mod (it came with an ini file that you'll need to track down).

You'll probably need to unzip the plugin to a temp location and look at the folder and file structure to see what all it installed and where.  This is a VERY good habit to get into prior to installing ANY mod.  Once you have removed all files then try starting your game again and making a clean save.

Indeed I got carried away x.x,well the mod consists of two esps (you pick one),a ini,and a mp3 file.

I just deleted them ALL and launched the game by the obse_launched but the main menu is still awkward,I don't know how to do that clean save myself,but if includes using console it won't be possible since I can't use it.

Plus it's the overall game,so how will a ''clean save'' help with it? (Since it appears to be related just to one save)

Anyway,if you have solutions,even like launching the game from the vanilla launcher I'll test them all,or should I restore the mod's original .ini?

Solved: Oblivion.ini was changed by the mod in:

fGlobalTimeMultiplier=1.0000

to:

fGlobalTimeMultiplier=0.0000

gladly I have backups AND when I compared it that line is in the beginning,again thanks for the help gregahit.

Wait, why can't you use the console?  Not that there is any command you could enter that would help things but that is probably a sign of deeper issues with your game.

As to this statement: "Plus it's the overall game,so how will a ''clean save'' help with it? (Since it appears to be related just to one save)"

You are saying two completely different things.  So which one is it:

1. It is the entire game that is jacked.

2. It is just the one saved game that is jacked.

If it is number 1 then you may end up having to run the launcher to generate an new oblivion.ini file and may end up having to reinstall some of your mods.

If it is number 2 then you may need to abandon that saved game file and create a new game.

Archived