The Walking Dead "Game"

polluxval

Seriously, is a MUST HAVE.

I bought all the episodes last week and I'm on episode 3. I got to say, this game is awesome. Unluckily it's not meant for everyone, be aware that if you are not a fan of click and point plus quick time event games you should avoid this game. I'll leave a wiki quote for more information.

Personal score: 10 - just because I liked Lee and Clementine.

256px-TWD-game-cover.jpg

From wiki:

The Walking Dead (also known as The Walking Dead: The Game)[7] is an episodic point-and-click adventure role-playing video game for iOS, OS X, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, based on Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic book series. The game was developed by Telltale Games and was initially slated for release in the last months of 2011, but was held back until early 2012 to allow further time for development. The game consists of five episodes, released between April and November 2012. The iOS version of each episode followed shortly thereafter. Telltale has also published retail versions of the complete game.

The game takes place in the same fictional world as the comic, with events occurring shortly after the onset of the zombie apocalypse in Georgia. However, most of the characters are original to the game, which centers on university professor and convicted murderer Lee Everett, who helps to rescue and subsequently care for a young girl named Clementine. Kirkman provided oversight for the game's story to ensure it corresponded to the tone of the comic, but allowed Telltale to handle the bulk of the developmental work and story specifics. Three characters from the original comic book series make in-game appearances; Hershel Greene, Shawn Greene and Glenn Rhee.

Unlike many point-and-click adventure games, The Walking Dead does not emphasize puzzle solving, but instead focuses on story and character development. The story is affected by both the dialogue choices of the player and their actions during quick time events, which can often lead to, for example, certain characters being killed, or an adverse change in the disposition of a certain character or characters towards Lee. The choices made by the player carry over from episode to episode. Choices were also tracked by Telltale, and used to influence their writing in later episodes.

The Walking Dead has been critically acclaimed, with reviewers praising the harsh emotional tone of the story and the emphatic connection established between Lee and Clementine. The game has won over 80 "Game of the Year" awards, including awards from USA Today, GamesRadar, E! Online, and the Spike Video Game Awards. More than one million unique players have purchased at least one episode from the series, with over 8.5 million individual episodes sold by the end of 2012, and its success has been seen as constituting a revitalization of the weakened adventure game genre. Telltale has announced that a second season will follow the initial five-episode series.

At first I wasn't too sure if I'd get it, as I'm not a big fan of that type of genre. But I did end up getting it on Steam, and holy shit, one of the best story driven games I've played in ages. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it turned out. Though I've only done one playthrough of the story as I'm really interested in doing it all again, but making minor changes. Can't wait for Season 2 which will be released sometime this year.

Let's hope Activisions version isn't totally terrible...

At first I liked this game, but when I finished it -

This game is poor, because it is based on lie.

They say "The story is tailored by your choice".

At first it seams so, but at the end all have same outcome. No matter who you chose, that person is dead and other choise would die in same way. You may ask why I care? Because survivalist vise chose, for exemple chosing to save stron man than child should have inpact on your "resourcse" and ect.

So, cake is a lie and game is bad :P

Archived