Need help with Nifskope and 3DS Max, Spiky Vertices

Hi, i been trying to Learn how to model for Skyrim and since i am such a big noob in that department i need some help... i was able to modify a Dog Mesh and successfully made it work into game, but the mesh in game has this strange spiky long vertex that make the model look odd, it starts right from his mouth and goes all the way down into his foots, i been using the following tutorial:

You can check how the mesh look in game in the attached screen.

Any help will be appreciated!

post-69461-0-05426200-1362457166_thumb.jpg

I made it work! i actually learned how to edit the Animal meshes! but i had to stop using 3DS Max (some issue with model position and weighted vertices using it) and instead used Milkshape for editing the .obj models which worked GREAT!, i was really good at Milkshape but that was waaay back at 2002, but i got outdated with modern engines and current 3d tools, but somehow Milkshape retains the model alignment and weighted vertices when editing the file, something that 3DS Max (or the nif Plugin) seems to have some problem with.

The way i did it was to follow the exact same steps as the above videos, but instead of using MudBox (which is crap) i used Milkshape3D only for editing the .obj files... i can´t believe how easy it was! i tried for months to learn how to properly edit without removing parts of the meshes, only reshaping and play with vertices, but i was able to do all the edits i needed! damn and i remember asking all over the place how to properly do this and no one knew and the few guys who knew did not wanted to share how the heck they manage it... it´s like if they had something against other people learning the process.

I still got to learn how to properly assign the vertices to the bones in 3DS Max aka Rigged mesh or Weighted Mesh, i just do not understand what the heck all those colors are when trying to mess with weighting vertices, back when i used to model for old games in Milkshape i could see the whole vertex and the bones and i would select and assign them to the corresponding bone, but now in videos for 3DS Max i seen people actually painting part of the Mesh and Vertices in colors... WTF is that for? things are getting too damn complicated with current engines... 

weightpainting is a pain in the ass.

sometimes when importing a bodymesh with the skeleton at the same time the body will warp, or shrink or both

only way around this is to import the skeleton by it self then import the body

but that has its own problem... when weightpainting the verticles will move

to get around this

I import the skeleton I want to use by itself

then I import the body mesh

then I export the body named as base(whatever)_0.nif

then I reset 3D max

then I import the body I just exported and the skeleton at the same time

normaly the mesh will no longer warp,shrink

and can now weightpaint without the verticles moving

Archived