[WIP] Arshes Nei Armor (Conversion from Oblivion) - Updated 12/27/13, Corset allegedly "Done"

Synthesis

So, after a few days of realizing I definitely lack the experience with Blender to do it myself, I thought I'd see if anyone would consider converting the Oblivion Arshes Nei armor to Skyrim. In a perfect world, it'd be converted to CBBE, but I'd be happy enough to get a direction conversion (which I tried and failed myself). Neither Izumiko nor NPR ever attempted anything to this as far as I know. I've actually gotten good at getting armors that use other skin textures than the one I use working in Skyrim, so CBBE is not a hard rule (though I'd encourage it). 

A Skyrim version of this does exist for TBBP (with its own body textures)--however, the proportions aren't what I'm looking for (and the armor is also missing the gloves, which is a shame). If anyone would like the challenge, I'd be very grateful. 

post-39632-0-82345900-1362379791_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

If you're looking for a darker version--there armor actually came with two color schemes (the second one is dark grey with red highlights). 

Unfortunately, all my tooling around in Blender has ended in failure, and I don't expect that to change any time soon. 

post-39632-0-71917100-1364938823_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

No takers? Darn. I haven't had any luck whatsoever in Blender (basically can't reshape meshes without them looking awful, if at all). In any case, here's the particular mod itself that I've been trying to convert, if anyone wants to try it out or just add it to Oblivion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

where is this skyrim version that already exists?

Good question. Not sure. It's done to a DMRA-style body, I think, that wasn't to my liking.

I'm still working on this, just very slowly. I'm fairly certain I've totally messed up the hands, and won't really know until I'm done but...well, it happens. Hopefully I'll be able to fix them afterwards. 

And I haven't even thought about the cape or the sling/sheath yet. 

post-39632-0-73714200-1373395775_thumb.png

post-39632-0-79676200-1373395787_thumb.png

post-39632-0-98560200-1373395855_thumb.png

good to see this isnt dead, going for tbbp, bbp, or just cbbe?

Only CBBE. And honestly, probably only the CBBE body I created (I picked one that matched Nei's physique from the PVC statue of the same costume). This would be the weight 100 body--not certain I'm going to do a 0 body at all, and I know won't be doing it until after I get the cape working. 

• 2 months later...

So, yes, this isn't actually dead (or if it is, I have resurrected it). I just have been distracted by other things (and fearful that it's not going to work anyway). Here's an update, I've made a little progress in the backside and the legs (I am going to have a hell of a time reshaping the boots). 

post-39632-0-80063500-1380647650_thumb.jpg

post-39632-0-16814300-1380647662_thumb.jpg

The armor was already skinned for oblivion before so when you import it into 3ds max you can rotate the upperarms' bones with the angle snap on, and then convert it to an editable mesh to start working on it. This is useful for when you're working on the underarms.

EDIT:

Also if you're not sure if you can do something good, make a separate save file before starting to work, say for example, the arms, the hands (specifically the fingers) etc.

I use to do that and still do, except it's less save files than before. Just keep trying and you'll get the hang of it eventually.

I will try that. Eventually.

why wouldnt it work? some of the skyrim codes or whatever causing issues?

Well, while I'm doing the actual modeling, I've never actually done the further rigging and conversion into Skyrim before. I am super new at this. 

• 2 months later...

The armor was already skinned for oblivion before so when you import it into 3ds max you can rotate the upperarms' bones with the angle snap on, and then convert it to an editable mesh to start working on it. This is useful for when you're working on the underarms.

EDIT:

Also if you're not sure if you can do something good, make a separate save file before starting to work, say for example, the arms, the hands (specifically the fingers) etc.

I use to do that and still do, except it's less save files than before. Just keep trying and you'll get the hang of it eventually.

I can rotating the sleeves and gloves (well, rotate and resize them).

What I can't do, unfortunately, is rotate the sleeves. As I said, I'm pretty certain the sleeves (especially underarm) are a clipping polygonal mess. 

So, as I mentioned--in some respects, I've finished all modeling on the body.

I could actually try actually exporting it as a NIF and rigging it for Skyrim (or whatever the next step is--I started this months ago, I barely remember).

Unfortunately, I've become concerned about little details--the messed up left fingers of the CBBE body (they're kind of oddly bent) and whether they match up with her gloves, and trying to get her bust of her outfit symmetrical (of you've ever seen Bastard!!!, Ney has a fantastic butt and a fantastic pair of breasts, and the outfit reflects this). I also want to modify her legs further to better fit the top of her boots, though that will actually probably be easy by comparison. 

I have no idea if I've just been working on this for too long, or if they are, in fact, slightly asymmetrical. Autodesk has this awesome symmetry tool that I can't use because they make everything assymetrical, as oppose to just part of the body, to my irritation. Any feedback is welcome. 

post-39632-0-37934500-1388010978_thumb.png

:) yes i see now youre progress, actually i started to mess with 3dmx only for this reason to. To make my fav dark elf's

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/manage/? 

Well, even if I fix my issues--and the underarms are total wrecks--I still have to properly format it out of 3dmax. I'm having enough trouble keeping everything symmetrical (trying to make Nei's chest push out a bit of the top, her thighs fill out the boots, etc.). 

Also, I don't think that link works?

Well, even if I fix my issues--and the underarms are total wrecks--I still have to properly format it out of 3dmax. I'm having enough trouble keeping everything symmetrical (trying to make Nei's chest push out a bit of the top, her thighs fill out the boots, etc.). 

Ledo4ek here with his conversions of Manga body have converted it when i asked him.Maybe you could use some files from his.

I had to do it myself from scratch,  his manga body is not my type. 

Link i gave is my gallery of nexusskyrim, maybe you need to register to view it ((

If you need the gloves i can send you , the arms of female body is basic.

Ledo4ek here with his conversions of Manga body have converted it when i asked him.Maybe you could use some files from his.

I had to do it myself from scratch,  his manga body is not my type. 

Link i gave is my gallery of nexusskyrim, maybe you need to register to view it ((

If you need the gloves i can send you , the arms of female body is basic.

What's your name on Nexus? I searched 'Romeo' under files and file images, nothing came up. I have a Nexus account. 

Archived