Missing Textures

john117

Hey Guys,

I'm currently missing some textures for flames.

As you can see in the screenshot, i'm missing textures für every torch  or lamp in the world, I don't know why :/

I tried deactivating every mod ingame, but i still have this problem.

Can anyone tell me the location for the missing textures? so i can get them from my textures.bsa .

Can these missing textures cause crashes?

By the way, does anyone know the location for the lantern mesh, that the city guards are carrying around?

cause thats missing too.

post-1557-0-18840800-1362078768_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit, it appears one of the zillion mod I have installed/uninstalled has removed a texture? for skulls, as all  the skulls in oblivion  now appear purple.Is this a missing  texture problem? Any idea where i could get the texture, and where and the pathway to place it?could someonepost them so i can install them please.Don't have steam version of oblivion.

ok found this http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/36075 improved skull and ironwork textures might work will try it out .

No we can't post textures as we don't know what freaking texture the nif file is wanting.   Go back to the nexus and grab refscope and use it to figure out what mod the purple skull is from and that will tell you what you need to reinstall.

thanks for the tip will download and try it

ok I downloaded refscope , awesome tool btw. report of objects I looked at in spoilers.

-------------------------------

First Object I looked at

What's it look like:  object looks like a purple part of hip bone

Where us it:           Goblin Den Bravil UnderGround

Refscope report:    Ref 5805C18A (non persistent) Defined in LSTBravilUnderground.esp

Misc Item 00023880

Name Bone Defined in Oblivion.esm

2nd  Object I looked at

What's it look like:  object looks like a purple part of leg bone?

Refscope report:    Ref 5805C18B (non persistent) Defined in LSTBravilUnderground.esp

Misc Item 0001DE26

Name Bone Defined in Oblivion.esm

3rd  Object I looked at

What's it look like:  object looks like a purple  skull

Refscope report:    Ref 5805C188 (non persistent) Defined in LSTBravilUnderground.esp

Misc Item 00023F6E

Name Skull Defined in Oblivion.esm

4th Object I looked at

What's it look like:  3 purple  skulls on long stake

Refscope report:    Ref 5801c493 (non persistent) Defined in LSTBravilUnderground.esp

Static 000474E0  Defined in Oblivion.esm

5th Object I looked at

What's it look like:  1 purple  skulls on long stake

Where us it:            just outside  of pillage mine 

Refscope report:    Ref 000DBAA Defined in Oblivion.esm

Static 000474DE Defined in Oblivion.esm

This should be it - here is an archive with the textures that somehow got lost: Bone Textures.rar

In there are two folders to choose from, one with a set of original files and the other with a special skeleton texture that looks more badass.

The folder structures are already correct so you can just dump one of these 'Data' folders into your Oblivion directory.

This should be it - here is an archive with the textures that somehow got lost: attachicon.gifBone Textures.rar

In there are two folders to choose from, one with a set of original files and the other with a special skeleton texture that looks more badass.

The folder structures are already correct so you can just dump one of these 'Data' folders into your Oblivion directory.

Dammit,didnt seem to work but i did find that in data/Meshes/Dungeons/Misc

skull01.nif

skullonastick01.nif

skullonastick02.nif

skullcauldron01.nif         

and no corresponding textures in my texture folder,search it and nothing.

and all the skulls and skulls on sticks and skull in skull caudrons are purple in color.

Even read  on one post that if u looking in your texture.bsa for textures it might be there so I downloaded bsa commander and tried that and the  textures for skull01 ,etc where  missing.

Tried downloading a texture replacers for oblivion(there are a zillion of em) extracting the omod to a folder on my desk top and it didnt contain the files I require.Cant seem to find a download for the stock textures.

So does anyone know of any vanilla/stock textures for oblivion that I can download somewheres? Or hell a texture replacer will do as well , though I would prefer stock I cant stand these purple skulls

well at least I learnt some new things refscrope,bsa commander etc that might come in handy hehe

thanks

There seems to be something profoundly wrong in your game...

The textures in question are 'Skeleton.dds', 'Skeleton01.dds' and 'Wood01.dds'. In theory the files from that archive above would have fixed the issue.

Here is an example for the texture paths:

skullonasticktexturepat.jpg

Check the paths again if you have installed the files correctly. The bone ('Skeleton') textures must go into 'Data\Textures\Dungeons\Misc'.

Archived