Any modelers out there willing to Aid SkyTEST - Realistic Animals & Predators mod?

etayorius

Hi, i am looking for any modeler who knows how to properly edit Animal/Creatures nif files, i need some animals to have a baby appearance, the edits i need are very very very Basic... like Scaling proportions and removing few areas of the meshes (head, limbs, tusks), nothing hard or fancy.

I tried all over the place in the Nexus, Bethesda Forums and finally came here... If no one knows my mod SkyTEST - Realistic Animals & Predators, you can check it in the following link:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10175

So far the mod is in the top 100 all time #78 or something, i seen a lot of Extremely skilled modders posted a lot of really cool stuff in these forums, so if anyone wants to help or take the challenge please send me PM at:

etayorius@hotmail.com

Here is a small List of meshes i need edited:

* Horker Tusk Removed and head scaled to be arround 15% bigger.

* Mammoth Tusk Removed and Head Scaled 20% bigger.

* Bear claws size reduced, limbs scaled to look much thinner, make belly less pronounced, head slightly scaled bigger and maybe the face to look more round and cute.

* SabreCat tusks greatly reduced, limbs made thinner and belly less pronounced.

* Goat head increase and horns removed.

* Female Deer horns removed, head increase and belly less pronounced.

* Husky Dog (DLC) shaped to proportions to look like a puppy

From what i have heard from other people, the edits are very basic... i am not asking for new models from scratch (unless someone think they can do it), but i want the meshes to look as close as to the original design and art.

Please help, i tried doing this myself but i do not understand all the properties and steps to get the model to work in game, it is just so confusing working with nif files.

You manage to make the horker work! i had one guy called Shingouki a while a go who did couple models but he said he got problems with horker and mammoth, the horker would crash the game while the mammoth would appear completely dark, so he gave up and never heard of him back.

The Elk looks PERFECT, and i can also use it as the Deer baby with a different texture, they seem to show up in game perfectly.

I really would appreciate it if you can continue with more models, I will also post a big Credit for you at the beginning of the Description over at Nexus, i been struggling to find someone for the last 6 months, and in less than 10 minutes you manage to make the Horker work without issues! awesome!... THANKS!!!

I will keep on doing them ^_^ , And i'm glad they worked in game ok.    

*edit*

6c33692cc1d9f3925231aa2d3509681405dca131
c2f6d9ecc6523fff8fd37893c6f02410f38b0163

http://www.mediafire.com/?x5cpziz6cz1z3bc

*edit2*

b0d6424c1a06ba74d60e0b24a88b8d3611d9a662
79ade56c2c3c43044d848b39b1d4535d61beda60

http://www.mediafire.com/?61z1subf1g83mik

*edit3*

30aea3125520afc38b2a8afce78cdff9dd7ec059

http://www.mediafire.com/?o9476o8ez402rq9

The mammoth uses vertex alphas and the nif import/export breaks them, so i scaled the head in nifskope, blacked out the tusks in the diffuses alpha and made a cap to cover the holes that were left.    

No idea how well this will work in game..

Thanks! i will try as soon as i get home.

[edit]

The Goat is PERFECT! and the SabreCat looks good also but, would it be too much to ask if you slim the limbs and tail a little more for the sabrecat? the tail could be thinner along with the upper front/back legs, i will post a screenshot because my english kinda sucks... and have a hard time trying to express which specific part could be scaled a little more.

The mammoth does not shows up in the CK nor in the Game like if there was nothing in the nif file, if it turns out to be giving more problems i guess the mod can live without baby mammoths, everything else is turning out just wonderful, thank you for taking the time to help!!

post-69461-0-40777600-1362162082_thumb.jpg

post-69461-0-71718600-1362162094_thumb.jpg

Hmm missed this thread some how...

You know realistic wild life has tons of little and baby animals (I believe they did all the animals actually). The modder has been away from the mod for a while and they maybe okay with allowing you to use their resources if you ask. Besides from that you can just pop it open and check out how they did it. Since there's no point in reinventing the wheel.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9778

That´s right, i asked Nedius if he wanted to use some of the models for his mod, that was a long time ago... we were working together to bring 100% compatibility with both mods, but then Nedius disappeared also and never heard of him too.

The Bear LOOKS REALLY COOL! man you are doing a DAMN GOOD JOB!

It looks really good and animations in mouth are working perfectly, could you increase the head to about another 30-40 percent more? i think we are done after this, i forgot to add the Stray Dog mesh to the list, but you do not have to work it unless you have time and wish to do it, you already did enough for the mod, if you decide to work with the stray dog mesh it should pretty much only need it´s head scaled to almost 60% the original size and that´s it, you done a PERFECT JOB and i do not want to push my luck any further if you do not want to.

You did a DAMN GOOD JOB, specially with the Bear and the SabreCats, i am really satisfied with them so thank you thank you thank you! i appreciate everything you did and will put a big big thank you in the beginning  of the Mod Description and Credits, this was one of the things i really wanted to add into the mod and should be in v1.31 of the mod.

Again...THANK YOU!

Any good tutorial you can recommend to learn all what you did? i want to learn for future animals, so far only Weapon and Bodies tutorials and somehow they don´t work as reference at least to me since properties are way too different.

I want to learn to do at least very basic stuff like scale and re size animal meshes, i can edit myself under 3DS Max but i do not understand how the properties work.

Last question, did you scaled the Bones or the Mesh of the Dog heads to make them appear bigger?

I never learned how to edit animals specifically, this was the first time i tried too.

I used a (now probably outdated) tutorial by Cherryhotaling, which showed me how to import/export and edit nifs to work in skyrim, at least that's all i took from it.

The rest i learned from just playing in max, and understanding/fixing problems (both mine and others), doing things the hard way and not taking short cuts, and once i got comfortable doing things one way i would find and try doing them another way.

And yes i scaled the head bone on the dogs to increase there size.

Archived