Hey Guys,

Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this, I'm having a problem while compiling a script that uses AAF. I get the Following errors whether i compile from the CK or from a batch file.

D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\AAF_MainQuestScript.psc(0,0): filename does not match script name: "aaf:aaf_mainquestscript" expected: "aaf_mainquestscript"
D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\AAF_MainQuestScript.psc(0,0): filename does not match script name: "aaf:aaf_mainquestscript" expected: "aaf_mainquestscript"
D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\aaf\AAF_API.psc(0,0): filename does not match script name: "aaf:aaf_api" expected: "aaf_api"
D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\aaf\AAF_API.psc(0,0): filename does not match script name: "aaf:aaf_api" expected: "aaf_api".

This is the contents of my compiler batch file,

PapyrusCompiler.exe %1 -f="Institute_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\Base;D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User;D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\aaf;D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\BBM;D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\DCC;D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\DD;D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\four_play;D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPA"

I have the .psc I'm trying to compile in the Papyrus Compiler Folder and just drag it to the .BAT file

My Folder structure for the scripts folder is like this,

Data\Scripts\Source\Base, CreationClub, DLC01, DLC02, DLC03, DLC04, DLC05, DLC06, Torture Devices and User

Under User are all the other Mod Script Source folders such as AAF, BBM, DCC, DD, Four_play, FPA, Fragments, RSE and others

Any Help appreciated..

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Unspec said:

Same. It seems like plenty of people run into this issue but no one ever posts a solution.

I'm having this exact problem at the moment as well. Help would be greatly appreciated about what to do.

I'm seeing the same format for many of my other AAF scripts as well so I'm left wondering if it's supposed to be "aaf:aaf_mainquestscript" instead of  "aaf_mainquestscript."

Edited by BOS_111

same here , than make me crazy since 3 days now 

is the last error than i got after config alll

and i have no fucking idea to how fix that .... we can't rename it ... first because the name is exactly the same than expected xD .. and 2 cause that could breack all the mods using it ..

and like you , thread after thread .. no clues .. no solution or help .. are we cursed ? 

• 6 months later...

3.9 When I try to compile namespaced scripts outside the Creation Kit, my scripts always fail to compile. Help!

Edit: A project file is not mandatory. It seems to boil down to: Do NOT import namespace folders.

ScriptCompile.bat that works for me (obviously you have to adjust the paths to your installation):

Spoiler
REM ScriptCompile.bat
"C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 ^
-flags="Institute_Papyrus_Flags.flg" ^
-import="C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\scripts\source\user";"C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\scripts\source\base" ^
-output="C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\scripts"

Note to self: The F4SE source scripts must reside in <steamfolder>\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\Base

Edited by dalover
Edited again
  • 3 months later...

A little late, but for anyone who comes across looking for the answer...the AAF scripts need to be in Fallout4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\AAF rather than having the content loose in the source/user folder
in general, a script named namespace:scriptname needs to be in data\scripts\source\user\namespace.