[mod] Smut traits and nicknames

Smut traits and nicknames

My first try with modding CK2. I added just a few smut traits and nicknames. I do not modified any existing traits and nicknames.

How to install? 

Simply put the mod folder "SmutTraits" and mod file "SmutTraits.mod" into your CK2 mod folder and check the launcher to activate the mod. 

How it works?

I added a txt.file "called how to cheat". Also sadly these traits do not appear in ruler designer but npcs will use them from the start if they fullfill the conditions.

The traits and nicknames are also obtainable trough just playing but if you want to know the conditions or how to get them then you just need to open the sm_trait.txt and smut_nicknames.txt in the folder common and press ctrl+f and search for them.

Can I use them if I play with german/french/spanish language? 

Yes you should because I added in the localisation file the descriptions in every language via google text translator. Dont expect valuable lyric shakesspeare novels and perfect french or spanish because my native language is german and I can speak some broken english aswell.  

Is this compatible with any other mods? 

Yes it should because it does not change how things work.

Is this iron man compatible? 

I dont know maybe?

Is this nsfw? 

Well yeah, look around where you are right now. There is a reason why I posted it here. 

Do I need help with modding or do I need your feedback?

Yes. I want to improve and add more custom things. Any advice is helpful. 

Do I need mental health?

Yes, so does you, if you lurk here around. 

how to cheat traits.txt

how to cheat traits.txt

2 hours ago, Honeycuddle said:

You know that you can just make a mod file so that you just install it in the mod folder in docs, right? Steam validates files every now and then, so dropping it directly in the folder is not a good way of doing it.

Yes and you know why I did this? maybe read the description first. I tried but other mods that add new traits will override my mod and I dont know how to make my mod compatible. So please if you know how to change it  just explain me then with a tutorial or something. 

1 hour ago, Stiches said:

Yes and you know why I did this? maybe read the description first. I tried but other mods that add new traits will override my mod and I dont know how to make my mod compatible. So please if you know how to change it  just explain me then with a tutorial or something. 

There is absolutely no need to replace vanilla files. As you don't overwrite any existing trait, only adding new ones, you can easily add any amount of traits and as long as the file name is unique there will be no overwriting by other mods; traits only can be overwritten if filenames are the same. Just look at how any other mod here adds their traits. Also take a good look at CK2 Wiki, the modding section of it. It has almost everything you need to know on how to make your own mod.

19 minutes ago, Rascalov1337 said:

There is absolutely no need to replace vanilla files. As you don't overwrite any existing trait, only adding new ones, you can easily add any amount of traits and as long as the file name is unique there will be no overwriting by other mods; traits only can be overwritten if filenames are the same. Just look at how any other mod here adds their traits. Also take a good look at CK2 Wiki, the modding section of it. It has almost everything you need to know on how to make your own mod.

I tried to create just a new txt file for new traits the game wont load them. They only work if I put them into the 00_trait or 00_nicknames existing txt. 

Also I have read the CK2 Wiki its archaic af and with very few examples. It helps but most of the time its trial and error process for me, the wiki is just rudimental.

31 minutes ago, Stiches said:

I tried to create just a new txt file for new traits the game wont load them. They only work if I put them into the 00_trait or 00_nicknames existing txt. 

Also I have read the CK2 Wiki its archaic af and with very few examples. It helps me but most of the time its try and error process for me the wiki is just rudimental.

You need more than just create a new .txt file. You'll need to create a .mod file, any text editor will work for that, and add all needed information inside of it. Wiki actually gives an example of such file:

name = "My mod"
path = "mod/mymod"

First line is how your mod will be named in the launcher, you can put whatever name you want instead of "My mod"

Second line is the path to mod files, with "mod" being the "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod" folder (may be different dependin on your OS, it's the folder where all mods should go) and "mymod" being the name of the root folder of your mod, where all files are. This one also can be named as you want, but folder name and definition in .mod file should match, or it won't work.

Your folders already have a proper structure, just put all your new traits and nicknames in separate files, rename your root folder ("modifications") to something more descriptive and then make a .mod file and add it to the archive. Keep in mind, .mod file goes into "mod" folder together with the root folder, not inside of it.

39 minutes ago, Rascalov1337 said:

You need more than just create a new .txt file. You'll need to create a .mod file, any text editor will work for that, and add all needed information inside of it. Wiki actually gives an example of such file:

name = "My mod"
path = "mod/mymod"

First line is how your mod will be named in the launcher, you can put whatever name you want instead of "My mod"

Second line is the path to mod files, with "mod" being the "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod" folder (may be different dependin on your OS, it's the folder where all mods should go) and "mymod" being the name of the root folder of your mod, where all files are. This one also can be named as you want, but folder name and definition in .mod file should match, or it won't work.

Your folders already have a proper structure, just put all your new traits and nicknames in separate files, rename your root folder ("modifications") to something more descriptive and then make a .mod file and add it to the archive. Keep in mind, .mod file goes into "mod" folder together with the root folder, not inside of it.

I did, what do you think of me  that I just wrote a txt file and called it a day?. I made a mod file before with the same files structures. What I mean with txt. file is  this "00_trait.txt". I created my custom one and put my traits in it.  But the game wont load it nevertheless. If I try ingame to cheat my traits the console tells me there is no such trait. Something is missing in my files to load it properly.

Unbenannt.PNG

3.PNG

2.PNG

1.PNG

5.PNG

@Rascalov1337 

Anyway I updated my mod.  I simply included the original txt. files 00_traits and 00_nicknames into the folders common/traits and nickanames with my txt. files and the game suddenly load the mod.  Dont know why this change made it successfull. 

Try it out if it works for you. 

1 hour ago, Stiches said:

I did, what do you think of me  that I just wrote a txt file and called it a day?. I made a mod file before with the same files structures. What I mean with txt. file is  this "00_trait.txt". I created my custom one and put my traits in it.  But the game wont load it nevertheless. If I try ingame to cheat my traits the console tells me there is no such trait. Something is missing in my files to load it properly.

Try this, I've renamed everything as in your examples, and made a .mod file, did a quick test and traits are added without issues through the console: smuttraits.zip

Also, couple of bug reports:

• Traits have no icons, as there is no .gfx files to direct the game to where your .tga files are.
  • "potential" blocks for all traits but "holywhore" are broken. There should be no "yes" after "potential =", and these conditions - "is_lustful", "is_hedonist", "has_lovers" - do not exist in the vanilla game.

Edit: noticed your latest post. As I mentioned before, adding vanilla files in your mod, especially if you do not change anything in them, is a very bad idea. It will break compatibility with any mod that modifies them.

35 minutes ago, Rascalov1337 said:

Try this, I've renamed everything as in your examples, and made a .mod file, did a quick test and traits are added without issues through the console: smuttraits.zip

Also, couple of bug reports:

• Traits have no icons, as there is no .gfx files to direct the game to where your .tga files are.
  • "potential" blocks for all traits but "holywhore" are broken. There should be no "yes" after "potential =", and these conditions - "is_lustful", "is_hedonist", "has_lovers" - do not exist in the vanilla game.

Edit: noticed your latest post. As I mentioned before, adding vanilla files in your mod, especially if you do not change anything in them, is a very bad idea. It will break compatibility with any mod that modifies them.

Thank you for the bug report I fixed it. I forgot to add the interface file. 

And thank you for the help now it loading my mod atleast. I updated the mod on the page try now. 

I would like to ask youif these condtions are somehow balanced or properly and how would  you improve the stats? 

And do you have a proper tutorial how to make custon tatoos and clothing? The wiki how to mod portraits dont help me at all with this. 

29 minutes ago, Stiches said:

Thank you for the bug report I fixed it. I forgot to add the interface file. 

And thank you for the help now it loading my mod atleast. I updated the mod on the page try now. 

I would like to ask youif these condtions are somehow balanced or properly and how would  you improve the stats? 

And do you have a proper tutorial how to make custon tatoos and clothing? The wiki how to mod portraits dont help me at all with this. 

You still has issues with "potential" blocks, look for example at "bukkakeslut" trait:

potential = {
	age = 16 
	is_female = yes 
	is_lustful = yes 
	is_hedonist = yes
	has_lovers = yes
}

There is no conditions or scripted_triggers with names "is_lustful", "is_hedonist", "has_lovers" in the base game or dlcs. If you want to check for a trait, use something like "trait = lustful", "trait = hedonist", etc. As for "has_lovers", there is only "has_lover" condition, which checks if character has at least one lover. If you want to check if character has multiple lovers, you'll need to use "num_of_lovers = 2" (with 2 it will be valid if character has 2 or more lovers, use whatever number you want) or "num_of_lovers > 1" (valid if more than 1 lover, again, change the value based on what you want). You have it mostly correct in nicknames (in "allow" blocks), but not in traits. Oh, also a typo in "female_insult =" for all traits, you have "emale_insult =" there.

Can't really suggest anything on balancing.

As for portrait modding: It's a pretty complicated thing. I don't have links for tutorials, all I can suggest is to try to find some on Paradox's forums, here's a link to a CK2 modding sub-forum, or to look at how other mods do it.