Found a tutorial on CLEANING saves.

Pwishy

Guest ThatOne

As pointed out in the comments section on the nexus, it's risky.

It may bite me one day, but I think it's still best to just be careful when you add mods, and don't add any mods you don't really want.

So far, five hundred hours and ticking. No bloat, no crashes. Not many mods, but just because I manage them strictly.

-TO

I did tried this method. All it was to do was to -- provided that you bite the bullet and follow the instructions carefully -- reset the Papyrus portion of the gave save to zero bytes. The catch is since the method erases that part, not all of your mods may work after the process. Keep a backed-up game save just in case.

TBH, this technique isn't for everyone or who aren't accustomed to messing around with arcane editing tools. Hence the BIG RED warning on the description page.

If modders were to be good as professional software developers, they would've included script uninstallation routines in every mod they made. But most of them aren't; they just copy the code, slap it to the activator, and upload the mod.

Sadly, most end users of mods, however, aren't exactly known for organization, emergency contingency planning, and having the ability to RTFM; they go ahead and install just because the mod looks so friggin cool from the screenshot.

Archived