Character completely turns invisible depending of the camera placement

Yeah so, I think I sortof found out the root of the problem. I spent the last few hours sculpting my new character's face in racemenu, and now, whenever the camera zooms in my character (like if I angle the camera a certain way or if I back into a wall or something), she turns completely invisible! As far as I know, only reloading fixes it, but that's not fixing anything!

Importing the preset onto another or a new character (even a different race) causes the same issue. While characters without this preset applied just fade out but never vanish completely!

Now I don't know if I am missing a step with racemenu sculpting ? I exported the head nif and I created a preset of the character after I was done sculpting

Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this?

Does it still do this without that hdt hair from dint999?  Reason I ask is because some hairs seem to cause a character or npc to go invisible in certain situations.  If I equip my followers with certain hdt hairs, they go invisible when they enter a new cell.

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue here. @tsnootch   thanks for narrowing down this problem!

I am usually able to fix it temporarily by running down a hill, into water usually, and/or swimming while scrolling from 1st to 3rd person. Never found a consistent method of getting the character visible again without reloading the save. Always happens on first load and reloading the same save game will clear it up 100% of the time it seems.

What a strange issue. Never had any issues like this in LE with Dint's hair. Maybe something to do with BHUNP/CBP/SMP combined with the hair? I find the collision with the wigs isn't nearly as accurate as the racemenu hair, tends to float above the body, though that could just be just my SMP/CBP configuration.

• 1 year later...

Same issue here.

Anything that caused the camera to intersect or get too close to the body was causing the body to go invisible and not become visible again until you walk into a new cell.

The OP video shows the camera zooming in when intersecting with the floor, but another common case would be walking through doorways such that your camera would zoom up to be in front of the door but end up too close.

Switching to KS SMP hair fixed the issue. Tho it's a bummer, because dint's hair is pretty awesome.

Another workaround I found that would reduce occurrences was to increase the minimum camera distance with something like Customizable Camera. But that didn't always work.

• 4 months later...

sorry to revive a dead post.... im not the first one i know. but i had this EXACT same issue, i use KS hair and what worked for me was to open racemenu again because i wanted to save my char sliders as a preset. then when i hit done and checked one last time if it still did it it was fixed!

so maby for some who come to this post in the future this might also work for you ❤️