Godrays (OBGE v.3) does not work for me!!!!!!

duration

Godrays (OBGE v.3) does not work for me!!! I got anvidia GTS 450 card. Please advise!!

I coppied OBGE_Core + OBGE_Standalone_Effects into Data folder

In Data/Shaders/shadserlist.txt I wrote Godrays.fx and saved it( also I tried Godrays.fx=1  - did not help me either)

Disabled Oblivion Graphics Extender Support.esp  in the Mod manager

in  My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder in OBGE ini established bUseDepthBuffer=1

also I updated my Nvidia drivers to the very latest ones

and it still doesnot work!!!!!!

But Why??????????????????????????????????????

Guest ThatOne

This is in the wrong section. This belongs to the technical support section.

The graphics extender support should work with godrays.

Try clearing out your shaderlist (mines empty, and all shaders work through the controller). If it doesn't work, and other shaders do, please list your obge.ini settings in a spoiler.

This is in the wrong section. This belongs to the technical support section.

The graphics extender support should work with godrays.

Try clearing out your shaderlist (mines empty, and all shaders work through the controller). If it doesn't work, and other shaders do, please list your obge.ini settings in a spoiler.

okay, next time if there is any issue I will post it in a technical support thread(if it is possible, can I ask moders move this topic to a technical support thread please??).

Okay, speaking about controller for OBGE v.3 - unfortunatelly I cannot find it anywhere!!!! All the links are not valid any longer.

:(((

Can you please upload it for me please??? (if possible please both for OBGE 3  and for OBGE 2) . Please!!!!!

Yeah, here's the OBGEv3 controller. It "should" include everything you need.

Bear in mind that it hasn't been updated in a long, long time, so chances are it's not compatible with the latest shaders.

does it support also OBGE v2  ??

I downloaded archive and started following a Readme.txt file and found these few lines a bit strange:

------------------------------------------

Next, add Menu entry to XML manually.

open "Data\menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml" with text editor,

add a line under '<menu name="HUDMainMenu">' (maybe 2nd line) :

<include src="OBGEController\OBGEController.xml" />

If you cannot see "Data\menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml", you must extract this from .BSA Archive.

-----------------------------------------------

.BSA Archive. ??? Which bsa  archive ?????  Where can I find it???  And the most unknown thing is - if I find it, how should I extract it???( any supllumentary tool should be used??  or how)??

I ask it, because I didn't find any   "hud_main_menu.xml" in my Menu directory

Guest ThatOne

If you cannot see "Data\menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml", you must extract this from .BSA Archive.

The bsa you are looking for is Oblivion - Misc.bsa

It should be in your data folder (...\Oblivion\Data\Oblivion - Misc.bsa).

Here's the run down of how you get this to work, as well as the benefits and down-sides of the controller plugin.

Pros:

-You can enable and disable specific shaders at any time, as well as tweak the values of any shader you want at any time. This allows for HUGE flexibility and allows you to always get the perfect screenshots you wanted, as well as have the atmosphere you want for dungeons etc.

-You have several presets, which means you can have one for in-doors, one for dungeons, one for houses etc.

-Your presets are kept when you save your game; you only need to set them once and that's it.

-Has built-in AO filters, ENB filter, shapening and blurr, godrays and what-not.

Cons:

-It probably can't use the latest shaders.

-It has a short freeze the first time you load a save when you start Oblivion.

-Changing shaders takes time and can be annoying.

-There isn't any "official" documentation or support for the controller plugin.

-It hasn't been updated in a long, long time.

-The AO filters can sometimes devour your fps, so if you plan to have them constantly active you may wish to consider using another program for it instead.

The how:

-You'll need to get a bsa-unpacking utility. I personally use bsa unpacker. Get it here: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/3117

-Next, open Oblivion - Misc.bsa, find the hud_main_menu.xml and unpack it. Place it in the correct directory.

-Add the line as described in the readme. Save.

-Run your game. After the controller loads, you can access the menu by pressing "Page Up".

-In the menu, you can set whatever settings you want and see the changes in real-time. When you find a setting you like, just close the menu.

-------------------------------------------------

The how:

-You'll need to get a bsa-unpacking utility. I personally use bsa unpacker. Get it here: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/3117

-Next, open Oblivion - Misc.bsa, find the hud_main_menu.xml and unpack it. Place it in the correct directory.

-Add the line as described in the readme. Save.

-Run your game. After the controller loads, you can access the menu by pressing "Page Up".

-In the menu, you can set whatever settings you want and see the changes in real-time. When you find a setting you like, just close the menu.

------------------------------------------------

I installed everything with accordance to readme and the recommendation you and  other people gave here. Thanx, but I noticed a starnge thing happening here.: as soon as I press Page Up - nothing happens!!! Btu when I press Page Down menu- there apears interior/exterior slots menu that offers me either to export/import or reset the settings for each and every slot. But  when I press Page UP- nothing happens!!!!!!!

Moreover I also notices that the game bar moved to a left part of a screen ( please look at the print screen I enclosed). I also attached OBGE log +ini files +Hud file for u to see.

any ideas how to help me?

problem.7z

hud_main_menu.xml

post-4040-0-11441000-1361302902_thumb.jpg

Guest flingingfeces

I know I used to have a lot of problems with Godrays working correctly myself.  I switched over to timelygodrays and have had no problems whatsoever and they work better with enb and other graphics mods imho.  Have you tried them? 

I know I used to have a lot of problems with Godrays working correctly myself.  I switched over to timelygodrays and have had no problems whatsoever and they work better with enb and other graphics mods imho.  Have you tried them? 

timelygodrays??

No, never heard of them. 

Can u please tell me where can I get them? A link I mean.

And how can I install them??

And what happen with you OBGE original godrays shader? Did you finally make it to work??

Also my biggest problem now is that I cannot see Godrays shader effect working in my Oblivion. The most interesting thing is that all the other shaders seem to be working alright -- but never Godrays- never!!! Thought I got not so bad videocard Nvidia GTS 450.I tried everything: uninstalling, installing videdrivers, installing\uninstalling direct x 9.0 c, messing around with NVidia control Panel 3d settings: abient occlusion, etc..... watching 100000 utube videos about godrays, reading all internet about it. And everone there is always talking like:Wow what a good shader that is, but noone tells of how to solve that kind of problem that are similar to mine.  That's why I decided to apply controller: to tweak with the settings- to try to adjust this God rays shader manually ----- But Hell Nooooooo- as soon as I applied this controller for OBGE 3  - my game status bar moved to the left(look please at the screen of my previous post) and when I press Page UP button- nothin happens!!!!!!

I'm getting crazy now so much as I'm messing around with that already for more then half of a year and still cannot make it working for me!!!!!!

Guest flingingfeces

I put them up on my blog along with all my graphics mods.  Googling just now it seems that would be the faster way to get them.

http://www.loverslab.com/blog/3/entry-71-my-graphics-mods/

I never had a problem gettting the original godrays to work.  The problem was when I paired them up with my enb series mod they went crazy on me.  Timely does not thus I use them.  The pack of shaders included in my has them and the original Godrays plus much more.

Enjoy! ;)

thanks  flingingfeces  but /i want to understand why my controller refuses to work for me, and why I still cannot see Godrays working for me??  Can somebody take a look on the ini file I attached (in one of my previous posts) and help me, please?

Also I notices that before applying the controller my game bar was always at the middle-bottom part of the screen.  Now, as soon as I applied the controller for OBGE 3, the bar got enlarged and moved to a left side(also u may see it on the screen on one of my previous posts).

Please help me someone!!!

Archived