Aspiring Animator needs advice

Hi guys, my name is Rustino78 and i am learning how to animate so i can make new content for everyone to enjoy.  How is the best way to contact someone to gain advice or guidance with my work, do you guys have a channel on Discord or similar or a chatroom where we can share ideas or give advice to noobies.  Iv found there is a very few animations to be found online.

At the moment iv managed to create a setup position for a female on her hands and knees about to give herself a poke!  Im happy to share what iv done so far to help me get a better understanding of multiple thrust animations on the dopesheet

cheers 

Rustino78

Hi and welcome! 

You'll find some useful information here too

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/74481-small-guide-for-creating-animations-for-ts4-tips-and-tricks/

Its pretty much an open site so feel free to comment or ask questions wherever you feel appropriate ?

Try checking out the pages of active creators and their previews and you'll get an idea of what you can achieve, 

Each download has a discussion topic attached so you can approach specific creators easily this way, also if you view their profile, you can send a message and have a private conversation, good luck and I hope you have fun! ?

I did one similar to your description recently so here's some inspiration from my simmie ?

@R-Lo, this is what iv done so far its only positioning but iv learnt that i cannot do the entire action leading upto masterbation with my skill level, so iv kept it at the start and ill have to work out how to animate using the tutorials, its not an easy process any further assistance would be great as iv read the tutorials provided but still got more questions.

Rustino78doggy1.xcf Rustino78doggy2.xcf

40 minutes ago, Rustino78 said:

@R-Lo, this is what iv done so far its only positioning but iv learnt that i cannot do the entire action leading upto masterbation with my skill level, so iv kept it at the start and ill have to work out how to animate using the tutorials, its not an easy process any further assistance would be great as iv read the tutorials provided but still got more questions.

Rustino78doggy1.xcf 172.99 kB · 1 download Rustino78doggy2.xcf 398.05 kB · 1 download

I'll try check them out soon, although I have not seen an xcf file before, 

These should be saved as blend files I think ? the best thing is to take gradual steps when starting out,

Ambitious positions can be tricky and difficult to spot awkward twists, it's far easier to start with a relaxed posture that doesn't require too much momentum, 

The dope sheet is a little bit like laying down a music track and it helps to work in layers by recording moves individually rather than having too many key frames, 

Just remember that around 30 frames is a second of real time and first and last frame should be identical to make a clean loop, 

Wicked whims mod has a way to make loops run in stages so you can build a scene from individual clips rather animate the whole thing in one sequence ?

It all gets easier when you're using the tutorial hands on rather than reading and if you post in the thread above you'll get some more assistance too ?

So your saying that go for 30 frames per movement is the way to go?  i read in the tutorial when your ready to start your animation you gotta select all then Locrot to bring your your dopesheet body parts to be animated.  Do you need to only LocRot the body part your animated after that or do you need to select the whole body again?

your probably right i may try for a easier animation to get the hang of it, those files i sent were screenshotted and saved via Gimp :)

cheers 

Rustino78

9 hours ago, Rustino78 said:

So your saying that go for 30 frames per movement is the way to go?  i read in the tutorial when your ready to start your animation you gotta select all then Locrot to bring your your dopesheet body parts to be animated.  Do you need to only LocRot the body part your animated after that or do you need to select the whole body again?

your probably right i may try for a easier animation to get the hang of it, those files i sent were screenshotted and saved via Gimp :)

To start with 30 frames is ok, you may find that some moves and gestures will take less or more, 

That's where you will need to use your judgement, 

Some movement may take a full second but others like hand gesture or something like that may happen faster, 

You can make things longer or shorter as you see fit and if you're stuck, post a vid somewhere for feedback ?

At first, we select all and loc rot, 

This creates a key frame, After that we can loc rot bones individually as they are moved ?

Archived