Request-Wig mod for skyrim based on Apachii hair mod.

Kharmazov

Just like the titles says.I really surprised that there is no such mod anywhere to be found.TES IV had such a thing but the closest one for Skyrim would be   "ranger hoods with hair". So to anyone willing to undertake this request  please be so kind

to turn it into a reality.This is primarily dictated to the fact that changing the NPC's hair via an editor or creation kit can be somewhat difficult for beginners or sometimes even near impossible if the said NPC is a part of some other mod.

I don't know how to work with hairs, but I did some tests and I think is easy to make wig helmets (too much easy in fact, I'd expect issues with complicated hairs, bald npcs under helmets, etc)

I don't want to make a mod like this. Do you know how to use Creation Kit and NifSkope? I can explain you what I did if you want.

Wig.7z (ApachiiSkyHair required)

[spoiler=Blonde wig]picture01.png

I don't know how to work with hairs, but I did some tests and I think is easy to make wig helmets (too much easy in fact, I'd expect issues with complicated hairs, bald npcs under helmets, etc)

I don't want to make a mod like this. Do you know how to use Creation Kit and NifSkope? I can explain you what I did if you want.

attachicon.gifWig.7z (ApachiiSkyHair required)

awesome! very nice. i've been asking for wigs since Fallout 3. was told they couldn't be done back then because of wigs riding high or something. later Josh, the guy that does Animated Protitution, did a wig just to show it was possible. i think 1 or 2 more were made for fallout. then i found those Apachii helmet wigs for Skyrim. and now you've made some great full wigs B3lisario! thank you much! the evolution of wigs lol

i'd love to see some wigs from the Newsea and Simms hairs http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10943-zzshop/

mainly because if i have Apachii and those hairs enabled i always crash in showracemenu. it's all tooo much, so wigs from those would help. also i have a mod that adds some apachii hairs to skyrim folks, but w/ Sims & Newsea wigs i could sprinkle those thruout to the ladies too lol. some diversity

love this wig! i'm using an NPC Overhaul that i really like. i'm happy w/ almost all changes except for a couple hair changes. now i can give them a pretty new blonde hair. there's another hair that looks just about that blonde wig, cept lots longer. you think i could switch out the meshes and make the wig the long one?

love this wig! i'm using an NPC Overhaul that i really like. i'm happy w/ almost all changes except for a couple hair changes. now i can give them a pretty new blonde hair. there's another hair that looks just about that blonde wig, cept lots longer. you think i could switch out the meshes and make the wig the long one?

Yes

wighair32.nif - longer.7z

Great job! Can you tell us how to make wigs? Do you change anything in the nif or just make it an armor piece?

I tried it myself on another Apachii hair but it appeared a little see-through.

I merged hair32.nif and hairline32.nif via copy-paste in NifSkope, saved as wighair32.nif. I don't know what is the purpose of the hairline thing, it's the same model with different shaders. It looks better than the hair alone.

Then I changed the color in each the NiTriShape / BSLightingShaderProperty / Hair Tint Color property

In CK, I duplicate a bandit helmet, changed slot to 31 - hair.

• 2 weeks later...

This would be nice.  I would definitely download a full wig mod.  I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been done before with all the problems the console has when trying to change appearance (especially for vampires and custom races).  Often all I ever would want to do is change hair.  Also, would be great for followers.

b3lisario, would it be possible to make a wig for the PeggyElf hair style from the CCC pack, if I have the main CCC esp loaded as a mod?  Would the process be the same?  there's no hairline.nif and my CK keeps crashing, so wanted some advice.  thanks for your post!

Yes the process should be the same.

In this case the hairline file is PeggyElfHl.nif, but I think it's exactly the same model and shaders than PeggyElf.nif, so maybe there is no need to join the two files.

If you can't use the CK, you can use the wig.esp from a previous post. Copy and rename PeggyElf.nif as meshes\actors\character\character assets\hair\apachii\female\wighair32.nif. You'll need to have the CCC pack installed for the textures. The CCC esp can be unchecked, unless you need more hairs from the pack.

b3lisario, thank you so much -- that definitely worked.  i have to admit i know nothing about modding at all, so am really just piecing together information and going through the motions without understanding any of the mechanics behind it.  if i wanted to change the color of the hair now, i would have to do what you posted (re:  NiTriShape / BSLightingShaderProperty / Hair Tint Color property)?  If that is the case, that might be too complicated for someone like me!  

Also, what would it take to create more slots (i.e., wig 33, wig 34, wig 35, etc)  I assume I'll definitely need to use CK for that?

Thanks again, this little trick is terrific.

b3lisario,

thanks -- i downloaded nifskope and got ck to work, but have no idea what i'm doing?  sorry to bother you, but could you give some tips to a noob?  i don't know what i'm doing in nifskope and in ck, what are the steps to even duplicate the helmet so that i can make an extra wig hair slot?  if you don't have time to explain, completely understand.  thanks again!

OK so we have this file in our data folder: meshes\_MySimsHairzzj\peggy\PeggyElf.nif

Make a copy and rename it to WigPeggyElf.nif, load it in NifSkope

Change color

01.png

For the CK part it will easy to explain if we use the Wig.esp file. So run CK

Load Wig.esp file

02.png

Find the files to duplicate

03.png

Modify the Armor Addon

04.png

1. Change the ID to WigPeggyElfAA

2. Click the "Select" button, a window opens, click the "Edit" button on the new window, browse for meshes\_MySimsHairzzj\peggy\WigPeggyElf.nif

3. Since you modified the ID, when you click the "OK" button you'll be asked if you want to create a new form. Say yes.

Modify the Armor

05.png

1. Change the ID to WigPeggyElf

2. Change the Name to Wig Peggy Elf

3. Change the armor addon. Select WigHair32AA --> mouse right click --> delete. Mouse right click again --> New --> Locate WigPeggyElfAA in the list --> "OK" button

4. Say yes again when prompted

Menu File --> Save

b3lisario, 

wow -- i have no words, just came back to check the post and saw your response.  haven't had a chance to try out the process yet, but this is amazing.  thank you so much for your detailed tutorial, i really appreciate it.  thank you thank you.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to  change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a short hair wigs for women and it is perfect.

Archived