Changing inn payout in Become a Bard?

Distortedrealms

I started a new, very difficult, and violent based game where my PC is a fragile little bard that travels from place to place with all the dangers that go with that. Become a Bard is very useful for this but the 25 septim payout is way to small when everything else in my game is very, very expensive. there would be no incentive to wander a hostile land for basically nothing. Is their a variable in Tes5edit I can change to make the payout a little more reasonable for the type of play through I am going for?

Thanks

I don't use the mod but from what I can see after a quick look through its files, the reward is set by a script. If you unpack the BSA and find _lp_bardtavernquestplayerscript.psc you'll see a section near the bottom with this:

Int Function CalculateGold(Float BardSkill, Int RewardRank)
	Int[] RewardAmounts = new Int[3]
	RewardAmounts[0] = 10
	RewardAmounts[1] = 15
	RewardAmounts[2] = 25
	Int Multiple = 1
	If PlayerREF.HasSpell(_LP_BardExperiencedAbility)
		Multiple = 2
	ElseIf PlayerREF.HasSpell(_LP_BardWellKnownAbility)
		Multiple = 4
	ElseIf PlayerREF.HasSpell(_LP_BardRenownedAbility)
		Multiple = 8
	EndIf
	Int RewardGold = ((RewardAmounts[RewardRank] * Multiple) * (1 + (BardSkill * 0.01))) As Int
	Return RewardGold
EndFunction

I've not tested in game but I'd guess that if you edit those RewardAmounts to whatever values fit your game and then recompile the script with the creation kit, that should do what you're asking.

If it helps, here's a couple of versions of the script you could try. One should give double the original rewards (20-50g) and the other should give 10 times the original rewards (100-250g). The 10x one is almost certainly too high for a balanced playthough but it might be useful for a quick test to make sure that script is actually doing what I think it's doing.

Bard reward script 2x.7z Bard reward script 10x.7z

On 2/25/2020 at 3:38 PM, RetroGray said:

If it helps, here's a couple of versions of the script you could try. One should give double the original rewards (20-50g) and the other should give 10 times the original rewards (100-250g). The 10x one is almost certainly too high for a balanced playthough but it might be useful for a quick test to make sure that script is actually doing what I think it's doing.

Bard reward script 2x.7z 2.21 kB · 1 download Bard reward script 10x.7z 2.22 kB · 1 download

I might do a bard playthrough again, are these for LE or SE?

Archived