Help needed to transfer virtual body nifs for SMP

Derpakiin

I've currently identified a potential optimization issue with SunJeong's Bloodmage outfit. She has created an entire virtualbody (vbody) and pasted it over the mesh to simulate SMP physics with the cloth piece. This causes some issue because the game will have to calculate collisions with almost every vertex, which eventually causes the cloth to spaz out and sometimes cause a large FPS drop until the armor is un-equipped and re-equipped again (presumably to reset the original position of the cloth).

The cloth only needs collision calculations for the thighs and butt to keep things simple. So what I have devised is to transfer over the partial virtual body parts from Acro748's CBBE 3BBB advanced meshes to the armor.

This is the Bloodmage armor. You can see the entire vbody is simply the CBBE mesh duplicated for SMP collision data:

1.png.884bbd8b18836e6b79bda125196d3538.png

I intend to use only partial mesh body parts for the SMP calculations from the 3BBB mod for better optimization:

2.png.fa9d1d8a3f162be44d4e437392f3c20b.png

My main question is this: How do I go about properly transferring the meshes from one nif to another?

I've already tried a rudimentary copy/paste branch which didn't work and had a lot of error and problems. I'm quite out of ideas on how to continue. But hopefully if anyone knows anything about this, I can probably go about 'patching' other armors with optimizations like this. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 9:55 PM, Derpakiin said:

I've currently identified a potential optimization issue with SunJeong's Bloodmage outfit. She has created an entire virtualbody (vbody) and pasted it over the mesh to simulate SMP physics with the cloth piece. This causes some issue because the game will have to calculate collisions with almost every vertex, which eventually causes the cloth to spaz out and sometimes cause a large FPS drop until the armor is un-equipped and re-equipped again (presumably to reset the original position of the cloth).

The cloth only needs collision calculations for the thighs and butt to keep things simple. So what I have devised is to transfer over the partial virtual body parts from Acro748's CBBE 3BBB advanced meshes to the armor.

Hide contents

This is the Bloodmage armor. You can see the entire vbody is simply the CBBE mesh duplicated for SMP collision data:

1.png.884bbd8b18836e6b79bda125196d3538.png

I intend to use only partial mesh body parts for the SMP calculations from the 3BBB mod for better optimization:

2.png.fa9d1d8a3f162be44d4e437392f3c20b.png

My main question is this: How do I go about properly transferring the meshes from one nif to another?

I've already tried a rudimentary copy/paste branch which didn't work and had a lot of error and problems. I'm quite out of ideas on how to continue. But hopefully if anyone knows anything about this, I can probably go about 'patching' other armors with optimizations like this. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading!

Hi, 

I've done it several times. A copy/paste branch is the way to go but you have to make sure that the parent node names are the same for the copied meshes. In your case, the parent seems to be called "Scene Root", so is the parent name of the virtual node is different, you have to change it. Warning, it's case sensitive. Simply do a "edit string index" on the node name. 

If it still throws errors at you, read the error. It's most likely a missing bone in the mesh receiving the virtual mesh. Branch copy /paste that too. Make sure to change its name after the copy, the name isn't copied and it will get a wrong name. 

Rince and repeat until you're done. 

Hope this will help... 

Archived